2 Faucets on 2.5" Draft Tower

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZeroLozen

Reaction score
Need Help!!! Can't find the original post, but it was of someone who had converted a 2.5" draft tower with 2 faucets. They used 90 degree elbow shanks, like these and made it work nicely. They showed a few photos of this. Does anyone know where this post is? I have spent days looking for it and want to look at the photos again before I drill my hole. Thanks for any help that people can provide.

I believe I saw a thread with three taps on a 2.5" tower. They used the 90 degree elbow shanks like you said but staggered them. The original tap middle top and then maybe 2 inches below that phased perhaps 45 degrees to the left and right the other two.

My uncle gave me double faucet shank like this http://www.beveragefactory.com/draftbeer/faucets/shanks/BE-DF2-3.shtml

His buddy owns a bar and didn't have a need for it anymore. I lucked out because they took the tubes off and put smaller nipples for the hose to clamp onto. I crammed it into my 2.5" tower. You could bend those tubes to make it work! I would strongly recommend the use of a tubing bender so you don't kink the tubes.

I had a 2 tap tower that I converted to 4 taps with a 2 tap extension that slides on top of the original 2 tap tower tube. All 4 lines just fit inside the tap tower tube and the nice part is that you don't have to drill holes for more shanks because the original tower had 2 already the extension came pre-drilled for 2. I just angle the faucets a little and all 4 pour nicely without any interference. Of course it's a good idea to make sure you can fit the required number of corney kegs in the kegerator before adding more taps thought.

Ok, I measured mine, and it's 2.5" in diameter. It's a tight squeeze, but you should be able to make it work.

pics_003.jpg

pics_002.jpg

Found It...Thanks though to everyone!!!

Here's a link to another post of mine in the "DIY Beer Line Cleaner" thread that shows the 4 tap tower in the background.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/diy-beer-line-cleaner-226497/index23.html#post3753657

One thing that I would recommend is leave the 2 original shanks in place as they are right now and then lube up the 2 new lines with something slippery like StarSan or dish soap and fish them from the top down. That will go much easier than trying to get the bottom 2 shanks on with 4 lines in the way.

I have a 2.5 inch tower and drilled an extra hole to convert from a single to a double tap.

The elbow shanks work but it's close, no big deal. I drilled my second hole about two inches to the right of the first, and about an inch lower (second hole top is where the first hole bottom is, horizontally speaking).

This works, the only catch is that the shank hose clamps sort of get in each others' way a bit. I'd go a bit further out from the first (like...2.5 inches...) to make it so they both don't terminate in quite the same spot.

I'm going to to replicate exactly what the person did with their 2.5" tower, that I re-posted. I measured, I sized it up...just have to cut. Pretty excited to 2 beers on tap.

Back