The Dysfunctional-Palooza Obnoxious Masshole BS Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, Paul, at least it wasn't a fullmoon too, we'll accept for a few pts' butts hanging out. I worked female admissions at a state psych hospital. Too many interesting incidents to tell.

Uhhh. No.

Nice little old ladies and men who worked hard their whole lives, raised families, fought wars, paid taxes, sent a man to the freakin' moon.

They built America to where it is today.....

On the precipice of having to choose between a self promoting P. T Barnum white collar criminal who will start WW3 by Groundhog Day or a career politician white collar criminal who will sell corporate sponsorship of the White House for the right donation to her Foundation...

Fu(k those little old ladies... Gimme the psychotic sociopathic meth heads. Those fu(kers can party.

Clearly you don't know what it's like to work psych. The people that liked working Gerri were afraid of the younger population but the senior citizens could, and would clean your clock too, afterall they were once the younger pts that were chronic and never got discharged. Not a large part of the population were drug addicted low lifes, some were, but certainly not a majority. people with mental illness are people. If you are not cut out for it that's fine, if you don't like it that's fine too. But, you are adding to the stigmatization of mental illness when you lump people all together. Seriously, Paul schizophrenics didn't ask to have it, as much as beer swilling, cured meat eating, and tobacco using people don't ask for cancer even when they know their behavior invites the illness.
Cheers.

Got floated down to the ER today. Single worst day of the year to work in the ER in Boston. The Caribbean Festival. Picture St Patrick's Day on methamphetamine. Most were wearing feathered headdresses and not much else. My first patient this morning was passed out on the sidewalk wearing boxer shorts and covered in shoe polish. It was 7:45 am. Not a word of a lie. He rallied and was discharged before noon but was back before I left at 7pm, this time with a nice coating of red powder on top of his shoe polish. With his girlfriend. Excuse me. His fiancé. She ended up tied down to the stretcher after she kicked her nurse in the stomach. Because, you know, that nurse was bored sitting there drinking coffee and she walked out onto the street and dragged that poor girl, still wearing her headdress like she's a tropical f'ing Geronimo, into the ER and put oxygen on her so she might not die.

Two more semesters.

Practice for Masstoberfest?

Clearly you don't know what it's like to work psych. .

(Rolling my eyes)

You're right, Sonny. I've spent near the past twenty years working the overnight shift in an ER n the ghetto in Boston. You were in grammar school when I triaged my first DOA teenaged addict. We average two GSW's and thirty OD's a week. On any given moment 25% of our ER population is being held on a Section 12 awaiting an involuntary committal bed.
Oh, and that nurse who was kicked in the stomach by the druncken fuc#tard? That was me. I was a bit pissed off having been kicked in my ample bread basket while trying to help some nitwit broad who drank herself to the point of passing out. Thirty years ago, when I was as wet behind the ears as you are we put on our big boy pull-ups and dealt with our stupid life choices and punted our way through our hangovers . Stupidity had a price.

But you keep working at your psych ward in the Hamptons and convince yourself that you're changing the world. Good for you.
Shouldn't you be out in the milieu holding hands and singing Kumbuyah?

Good damn thing I'm as good looking as I am cause I'm not too friggin' smaht. Double post. Arrrrrrrrgggghhhh!

Relax Francis. We're all friends here. Come to Masstoberfest and I'll buy you a beer and show you what you have too look forward to when you're old and bitter.

Perhaps I can sell you all of my old Nurse Practitioner textbooks. Cheap. Make me an offer.

(Rolling my eyes)
I was a bit pissed off having been kicked in my ample bread basket while trying to help some nitwit broad who drank herself to the point of passing out.... Stupidity had a price.

Sonny? You talkin to me? You're preaching to the choir, Paul. That bieeach that kicked you probably doesn't even remember. The Hamptons? Pfffft, try Pilgram right on par with Wrentham but with MH population and most of the staff are better as most of the criminal dirtbags that get employed get weeded out in the first couple years. Sadly, it takes that long to get rid of some of them.
Maybe I should have taken one of the women to an ER to get the Wine cooler she smuggled onto the ward removed from her vagina. Funny thing is, one of the gay guys working notice a glimmer of light were there shouldn't be one. Go figure.

(Rolling my eyes)

You're right, Sonny. I've spent near the past twenty years working the overnight shift in an ER n the ghetto in Boston. You were in grammar school when I triaged my first DOA teenaged addict. We average two GSW's and thirty OD's a week. On any given moment 25% of our ER population is being held on a Section 12 awaiting an involuntary committal bed.
Oh, and that nurse who was kicked in the stomach by the druncken fuc#tard? That was me. I was a bit pissed off having been kicked in my ample bread basket while trying to help some nitwit broad who drank herself to the point of passing out. Thirty years ago, when I was as wet behind the ears as you are we put on our big boy pull-ups and dealt with our stupid life choices and punted our way through our hangovers . Stupidity had a price.

But you keep working at your psych ward in the Hamptons and convince yourself that you're changing the world. Good for you.
Shouldn't you be out in the milieu holding hands and singing Kumbuyah?

Sonny? You talkin to me? You're preaching to the choir, Paul. That bieeach that kicked you probably doesn't even remember. The Hamptons? Pfffft, try Pilgram right on par with Wrentham but with MH population and most of the staff are better as most of the criminal dirtbags that get employed get weeded out in the first couple years. Sadly, it takes that long to get rid of some of them.
Maybe I should have taken one of the women to an ER to get the Wine cooler she smuggled onto the ward removed from her vagina. Funny thing is, one of the gay guys working notice a glimmer of light were there shouldn't be one. Go figure.

Cripple Fight!

cripple_fight_by_mjc1428.jpg

The best part of being a member of the home brewing community is all of the great people you meet and the friendships that you develop. I've been extremely fortunate to have met many of you guys in person. I've also had the pleasure of developing friendships with some of you even though I haven't had the pleasure of actually shaking your hand and meeting you in person. That is the greatest thing about the Internet and sites like HBT, they make the world a smaller place where you get the opportunity to meet somebody you might not have had the good fortune to meet otherwise.

One of the characters who has been a regular, if infrequent, contributor to our HBT Masshole home brewing community is Paul Conely, Paul The Original, PTO. I had the pleasure of making Paul's acquaintance over ten years ago. Since then I've enjoyed many days brewing beer and drinking beer with him.

Paul has been fighting cancer for a while now. He's had some good days and some tough days. He hopes to make it to Masstoberfest on October 1st. If you're on the fence about coming, consider it an opportunity to come by, shake his hand and say hello to a hell of a nice guy.

With the "Post-Tropical Storm" blowing things up and both of my knees cranky from chasing grandkids yesterday, the only thing to do was brew some beer.

Knees are major pissed off but I had a good Monday for a change :)

Cheers! :mug:

I feel your pain, i was up and down a ladder all day yesterday working on the garage. not fun, and now with the rainy weather, it compounds things ... :(

Sure turned out fine, storm prep Saturday, clam bake Sunday, chilling and indoor grilling on Labor Day. Luckily the storm didn't do much, hoping its mild to the north as well.

I had a tarp roof set up in case the rains hit, and we did have some healthy winds all day which cost me a little more propane than usual, but the rain held off 'til I had Brew Day all cleaned up.

But we need rain badly here, everything is friggin' crispy, and our pond has dropped to a level we haven't seen in the 28 years we've owned the joint. I was hoping Hermine would provide a major dump, but so far it's just pissing along. And I just checked the radar and the friggin' thing has turned back south!

Stupid storm...

Cheers! ;)

Back