Wannabe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jags

Reaction score
Greeting from northern Virginia! We have a restaurant called Sweetwater that brews different kinds of beers that got me wanting to try my own. I was going to ask for this kit for xmas: http://morebeer.com/product.html?product_id=15913 but then thought maybe I should consult some experts on whether it’s worth it or will I want better/different equipment by my second batch? Or if there is a better kit out there? (I am planning to keg.) Looking forward to learning beer and eventually wine making also.

First off, welcome, from a former NoVa resident!

If you really want to get into "kegging" I don't think this is the way you want to go. It looks like this kit makes use of their "Tap-a-Draft" system which is on the same lines as the party pig. Just doing some quick math in my head (so, someone correct me if I am wrong) you could get a starter "brewing" kit and a corny keg system for the same or less money.

Welcometo another VA member!

You may want to try a more basic setup at first like trinitone said. Morebeer is a good site to order stuff from but I'm not sure about buying kegging setups from them. I don't keg but i got my setup from michigan brewing co.

I lived in west philly back in the 80's, I even remember some of it.....
Guess I should have mentioned I do have a beer miester, can I just refill a commercial keg or will I still need the corny set up?

Back