So I've been gone awhile

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joker

Reaction score
maybe I was missed maybe not.

So here is what I do when I go MIA and well stop doing everything else I normally would be doing this time of year.

IMG_4222.jpg

IMG_4223.jpg

IMG_4224.jpg

IMG_4417.jpg

IMG_4428.jpg

IMG_4371.jpg

Man I wish, but there will be a bit of a man cave feel to it. Down stairs is a new family room, half bath, and laundry room then upstairs will be an office, craft type room, full bath.

The family room "I hope" will have a bar with kegerator down the road.

We are actually further along than the pictures show but I am behind on downloading. Over the weekend we got the post and beam up as well as all the floor joists for the second floor put in.

Thanks we have been at it a couple of months now since it is only weekend and evening work. We hope to get the second floor sheeting down tonight and tomorrow so we can start framing second floor walls over the weekend and get our trusses ordered.

Sweet! A two story brew shed.

Fermenters on the first floor, brewhouse upstairs; I got this all worked out for you.

Actually I am hoping that will be in the future shop. I have even toyed with the idea of putting a pit in it just for fermenting.

I didn't forget I just get a little to busy. Trying to make time for what is important again.

Here are the latest (well nearly) picts. The roof is complete both the addition and over the existing and we are half way through siding. Plumbing is getting done inside and I have started the electrical.

Picture009.jpg

Picture011.jpg

And the work continues......

Boys game room upstairs
IMG_1458.jpg

The Mrs checking over her work.
IMG_1459.jpg

Boys Rooms
IMG_1453.jpg

IMG_1451.jpg

Family Room beams and lighting
IMG_0142.jpg

IMG_0144.jpg

IMG_0145.jpg

Tough to get a good picture of the lighting but hoping you get the idea.

What else have you gotten done? It's been a while since an update.

What else have you gotten done? It's been a while since an update.

All the HVAC, electrical, sheetrock, interior painting. We are doing everything ourselves so it takes us a while to complete each step.

We made all the beams in the pictures also, well except the glu-lam the rest are homemade.

Add to the mix two boys that play soccer and all the other distractions life can throw in to make projects difficult to complete.

All the HVAC, electrical, sheetrock, interior painting. We are doing everything ourselves so it takes us a while to complete each step.

We made all the beams in the pictures also, well except the glu-lam the rest are homemade.

Add to the mix two boys that play soccer and all the other distractions life can throw in to make projects difficult to complete.

I believe it, one kid and my progress on home renovation has more or less come to a stand still.

Back