So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I might get to squeeze in 2 brews this week. It's been a loooooong time since I've been able to. The wife and kids are going apple picking on Saturday morning with grandma. Going to brew a pumpkin ale.

Brewing a Columbus/Chinook DIPA on Sunday. Starter is currently sitting on the stir plate, and will be cold crashing that tomorrow to decant Sunday morning. Using 8 oz of fresh hop cones in the boil with a few more in DH. My standard 3 gal batch

facebook_1475232363419.jpg

Golden Corn IPA with El Dorado hops
and
Alt Beer with San Fran lager yeast and two different local Munich malts - a chewy 6-row and a toasty 2-row finished with Pekko hops.

I just did a Russian Imperial Stout and I can drink the wort for breakfast, so good. OMG it's gonna be a long wait on this one.

Trying out lagering for the first time with a German bock. Fermenting at 50*F. Its also the first time I've tried BIAB and decoction. Super excited for this back to be ready

Doing an RIS I created between this years HBC winner and GLBC blackout stout, half-way through boil now.

Heating strike water now for my Belgian blonde ale. Got a late start but, better late than never!

I wanted to brew my chocolate milk stout, but could not find the time. next weekend I guess.
I am also collecting the items I need to make my first Mead. JAOM

Finally brewing a Two Hearted Clone using harvested yeast from 3 Oberon bottles. I've had the everything for 3+months and finally have a free week-end to brew. Fingers crossed my 6 month old bottles of Oberon have enough good yeast left in them.

Just finished making up ~30 gallons of RO water for a mega IPA tomorrow.

Looking to make a little under 10 gallons of 1.060+ hop juice using 16oz of Simcoe and 16oz of Citra.

I will be making an ipa.
7#2row
4# marris
1#vienna
1# flacked barley
50 ibu charge at 60 of ctz
10min 1 oz citra 1/2 chinook
5min same
0min 1 of each
145* wp 30min 3 citra 2 chinook
Idk about dry hops yet ill figure it out

Brewing a dry stout that will be aged on oak and bourbon for the holidays. One of my favorite brews I do every year.

My youngest son and his fiancee are getting married next month. They came to me a few weeks ago and requested that I brew them the "Nut Brown Ale" I made awhile ago with the London Ale yeast, to have at their wedding reception. Of course there will be other beer and a full open bar served at the wedding, but I was taken back a little that they thought that this was something special that they wanted to have there. So I told them absolutely I would do that for them. Which brings me to tomorrow when I will brew a batch of the newly named "November Nut Brown Wedding Ale"! The groom to be will be coming over to brew it with me so I am really looking forward to a special brew day!

Cheers! :mug:

John

Brewing an Amber Rye IPA using Falconer's Flight hops on Sunday and also

got an awesome deal on a bag of grains someone ordered but ended up not wanting from my LHBS, so may be brewing that as well after the rye beer but we'll see how it goes.

There was NO distilled water at my local grocery store, I'm assuming they're shipping it all to Florida in anticipation of the hurricane. Hope they get some more in by Sunday

Was given 12lbs Wheat LME and 6 lbs Dark LME, price was right so I think I am going to try a chocolate hef. Steeping lb of carapils, half pound of chocolate malt. underpicthing WLP300 to enhance flavor. Hallartau at 60 and 10. I have absolutely no idea how this is going to turn out, but seeing as the LME was gifted to me, the yeast was 3 months expired but I was able to use it to make a small starter, and I found the hops and the grains in the back of the fridge, figured it was worth a shot

Back