Wikipedia Names your Band! *time waster*

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Freezeblade

Reaction score
Ok, so mulling abound the internet when not in work, and I stumble across this little guy: Wikipedia Names Your Band [PIC] Which quite successfully makes a band/album title/album art combo that works quite well most of the time, and is especally entertaining if you are a few pints in if you know what I mean.

A few of mine so far:

Argiolaus.jpg

I figure that this is a emo-y metal core band, probably sounds like HIM mixed with Hawthorne heights.

Kote.jpg

Hm, synth pop/indie rock from some eastern country, I think.

tomohisa.jpg

Japanese Ambient, totally.

Post yours!!!

*and no, you don't have to make it a proper cover, I just liked messing with it.*

jeth.bmp.jpg

I'm going to go with a kind of whiney, Jewel-esque (but with better teeth) acoustic female singer/songwriter, with an apparent penchant for organization. OCD people need music too!

Year Thirteen, "Interesting Sadness"

No idea how to transfer the pic. It was a black and gold (as opposed to black and white) photo of a bell tower viewed through near field branches.

Yeah, I should totally be working on my design project, but making up the covers is far too much fun

onestoencounter.jpg

Totally a sigur rós rip-off band

I'm going to go with a kind of whiney, Jewel-esque (but with better teeth) acoustic female singer/songwriter, with an apparent penchant for organization. OCD people need music too!

I've always found a little snaggle tooth to be sexy, especially on Jewel.
1892_1560_Jewel-02-400.jpg

1 - Go to Random Wikipedia
The first random wikipedia article you get is the name of your band.

2 - Go to Random Quotes
The last four or five words of the very last quote of the page is the title of your first album.

3 - Go to Random Flickr
Third picture, no matter what it is, will be your album cover.

4 - Use Photoshop or similar to put it all together. (Gimp is free)

5 - Post it here.

n805961_44416287_2662.jpg

Artist: Meat Glue
Album: smelleth so sour as shame

album.jpg

You know, I thought it came out nice. Maybe I'll start writing some songs...get a little band together...that kind of thing. Yup. That sounds good. I'll quit my job first thing in the morning.

cophyla_album.png

That was fun, and I can't believe how well the random choices worked together.

The name: Cophyla is a genus of microhylid frogs endemic to Madagascar. So I just had to add the frog clipped from another image.

The Picture was titled in Arabic, but its from someone named Funkyah

The Quote: Never say never, for if you live long enough, chances are you will not be able to abide by its restrictions. Never is a long, undependable time, and life is too full of rich possibilities to have restrictions placed upon it.
Gloria Swanson (1899 - 1983)

weird it keeps trying to save a green dot

I was having the same problem, and was pissed cause I had an awesome album...

Band: Identity Theft
Album: Liking you back
Picture: This blurry dude walking bast this surreal mosaic.

Hell, I thought it was better than the majority of actual album covers I see.... :D

I sucks at the Gimps... :(

Edit: This is obviously European Techno/House/Electronica/Dance that isn't available in stores but rather traded DJ to DJ in clubs.

Or something....

band.jpg

AlbumCover.jpg

Band: Knut Peninsula
Album: Rather the Inadequate Life

This actually came together alright.

Full Quote: Do not fear death so much, but rather the inadequate life.
- Bertolt Brecht (1898 - 1956), The Mother, 1932

Ooooh I love this game! It always comes up with such great album covers. For extra fun, try to surmise what genre your album is. I'm guessing mine is lesbian rock. :D

anal bum cover.jpg

Acoustic male singer-songwriter, a bit whiney and melancholy with just a touch of detached, superior *****etasticness.

keble.GIF.jpg

Back