Organic homebrewers?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gag

Reaction score
Any organic brewers in Bremerton, Tacoma or Seattle? I know that MASH in Tacoma has a selection of organic grains and such. I'm just wondering if there are any fellow foodies turned brewers in the area!

I a little north of all that (Woodinville) but I brew organic whenever I can source ingredients. Homebrew Heaven in Everett has a decent selection of organic grains. I have not had success locally sourcing organic hops, however. I've actually talked a friend of mine with a small farm into growing some for me this season but it will be fall before I can harvest anything. I may grow a couple plants myself.

I have an organic amber ale recipe that I've developed that I'm extremely happy with.

I picked up a book on organic brewing but I haven't read it yet.

Nice! If all goes according to plan, I'll be moving up to Seattle in August! I'll have to check Homebrew Heaven out. I just bought bulk hops from 7 Bridges and have been buying grains locally... I've been going with Marris Otter for my base malt. I think I'm going to call and try to order a 50 lbs sack of 2-row though.

Is that book the Sustainable approach to homebrewing one??

I am ordering a selection of hops offline this year to grow some for myself as well!

Back