New Here: Brewed my first beer!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alexismi

Reaction score
Well, I had ordered random grains after reading what kind of taste they would give to my beer instead of ordering a kit. After I started fermenting it I was afraid that I should have gotten a kit instead, since I really did not know what I was doing. Well, I had my first beer today, exactly a week after I bottled them. Wow! Am I glad I did what I did, my beer is delicious! Only thing is that I am afraid that I may have over-carbonated, since it is fully carbonated after a week, and based on what I have read here, the process is usually longer.

Now I want to do a second batch! This time I want something similar to Corona, but with more taste.

Nice man :) I just started 3 weeks ago, and have made many batches. So addicting!

Well, I had ordered random grains after reading what kind of taste they would give to my beer instead of ordering a kit. After I started fermenting it I was afraid that I should have gotten a kit instead, since I really did not know what I was doing. Well, I had my first beer today, exactly a week after I bottled them. Wow! Am I glad I did what I did, my beer is delicious! Only thing is that I am afraid that I may have over-carbonated, since it is fully carbonated after a week, and based on what I have read here, the process is usually longer.

Now I want to do a second batch! This time I want something similar to Corona, but with more taste.

If you are worried about bottle bombs, you have three choices:
1) leave them at room temp, but inside something that you don't mind getting filled with glass shrapnel and beer
2) refrigerate them all and drink soon
3) un-cap them, release the gases until they are flat, re-prime and re-bottle

If you like your beer after 1 week, you'll love it after 3 weeks, I bet. Carbonation can happen quickly, especially if you keep the beer at a warm temperature while it's carbonating.

Good job on making tasty brew! :ban:

Yup, loved my beer. And I will do another batch this weekend, although not a five gallon batch, since I don't want to have 10 gallons of beer just laying around. My beer has been carbonating at a temperature of 76 degrees. Is that a good temp to have my beer carbonating?

Latest posts

Back