Linux Mint?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

landis

Reaction score
I need a moment to geek out.

Has anyone used linux mint before? I was thinking of trying out the KDE version, and I hoping for some advice from someone that previously used it.

I have Kubuntu running with KDE4 now, and I'm not 100% thrilled, so I'm just looking at some other options. I know linux mint 5 is based off of ubuntu's Hardy release, but I wanted to do some research and see what the differences are.

In the office I run slackware, xubuntu, and ubuntu, and previously on a home computer I ran Fedora and Mandriva. All are nice, but I'm still keeping my options open.

Thanks,

I see that they make a gnome version (their main version).

I wouldn't be adverse to using gnome, but I guess I'm more comfortable in KDE.

Cool, the screnshots I saw looked like KDE but I generally like Gnome better, I may have to give this a try tonight.

NERRRRDSSSS!!!!!!!!

nerds.jpg

Techniro I super geeked out tonight and installed the kde version of mint.

Install was a breeze, and I'm happy so far. I feel like kubuntu neutered kde, but so far it looks like mint did a much better job.

Yeah I just installed the Gnome version, so far it is a lot less buggy than Ubuntu was and runs like a champ.

still a windows fan here. I like linux I really like ubunto but i would like a graphic server version that i dont have to install a gui on it. I have so many jobs i cant remeber all my linux commands

My wife's system runs Linux Mint using the Gnome version. My personal opinion is that it's a bit too buggy. Flash crashes a lot more on Ubuntu than it does on Debian. It seems to crash a lot more on Mint than it does on Ubuntu itself.

Back