First Attempt at Label for Borderline

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nhwrecker

HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hi all,

You guys always offer great criticism, so don't worry about hurting my feelings. Here's my first attempt at a basic logo for our "brewery" still under construction. I live just over the Mass/NH border, and my brewing partner is right on the other side, so we agreed on Borderline Brewing.

Looking for any and all comments.

Happy New Beer!

Mort

borderline2_low.jpg

borderline3_low.jpg

Ok I don't like it (u asked for it ;), this label is from the perspective of brewer not potential customer, why would you want to risk something to have a beer? Or suggesting it's not free (word expensive comes to mind)
I would rather stick to words like proud, happy, tasty, oak, malty, bitter- sweet, refreshing, cold, natural, spring, fresh, organic...... hundreds more but I would stay away from barbwire and camp light. But I like the name

Well, I'm looking at this label and I could see it going very well on the bottle of a very dark bitter. Add a black (or very dark colored) crown cap with a neck wrap and you've got one intimidating looking beverage.
Kinda like those 12oz "Mini-Nuke" bottles, Here!

beer_1.jpg

I like where you're going with these, but they definitely lack something. Not sure what it is, though, so I'm afraid I'm really no help at all.

...carry on...

Ok I don't like it (u asked for it ;), this label is from the perspective of brewer not potential customer, why would you want to risk something to have a beer? Or suggesting it's not free (word expensive comes to mind)
I would rather stick to words like proud, happy, tasty, oak, malty, bitter- sweet, refreshing, cold, natural, spring, fresh, organic...... hundreds more but I would stay away from barbwire and camp light. But I like the name

I have to agree. Sounds like its a risk to drink that expensive beer.

I like the label, but honestly I'm not a huge fan of the name Borderline Brewing Co. I understand where you are going with it, but to someone who doesn't know, borderline brewing could sound like a synonym for mediocre brewing. I would consider calling it something like "Border-Cross Brewing" or something like that.

It takes me to a war movie where four commandos and I have to break the beer out of kim jong il's bunkers and probably shouldn't have started this quest with beer-bongs. It's made to fail but, no turning back now!

I like the pic, but maybe not with Borderline. I think borderline personality when I hear borderline but, that's my fascination with psych skewing it for me...

Back