Freezer on craigslist, help please

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mhochman

Reaction score
This freezer just came up in my area on craigslist. I want to do a four faucet keezer. Was planning to do chest, but the dimensions for this would be better. Anyone know how many kegs I can get in here, plus a tank?

Upright Frostfree Frigidaire Freezer, Model FFU11FK0DW3 (11 cu. ft.)

kmat123 said:
I'd guess that you could get 7-8 kegs in the plus a 5# tank.

That seems like too many since it is an upright. Not that I wouldn't love all that extra space for lagering.

No way - that's a small upright freezer. I'd say MAYBE 3 cornies max w/out the tank. And you'd probably have to remove the door shelves.

Depends on if you using Ball Lock or Pin Locks. There is also a sizing sticky in Bottling/Kegging forum. It's for a chest freezer but you could probably get a pretty good idea on what will work.

Depends on if you using Ball Lock or Pin Locks. There is also a sizing sticky in Bottling/Kegging forum. It's for a chest freezer but you could probably get a pretty good idea on what will work.

I didn't realize pin and ball kegs have different dimensions. I always thought the only difference was at the top.

I didn't realize pin and ball kegs have different dimensions. I always thought the only difference was at the top.

Ball Locks are tall & Skinny, Pin Locks are short & fat. Most people tend go with Ball Locks cuz you can fit more kegs into Keezer/Kegorator.:mug:

Yankeehillbrewer said:
Ball Locks are tall & Skinny, Pin Locks are short & fat. Most people tend go with Ball Locks cuz you can fit more kegs into Keezer/Kegorator.:mug:

Ah, good to know. Ok.

Some uprights have coils through the shelf. I have one like that. There is no way to use those for kegs. I concur, find a chest freezer.

Latest posts

Back