What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bourbon?

Coffee, already a craptacular day.

Had to leave the brew pub last night before ordering, the 4yo was having a sh%t fit.

The idea has merit, unfortunately it is rather hard to rationalize in my office. Need to make one of these to be more covert.
http://bobtowery.typepad.com/bob_towery/2009/08/friday-funnies-the-red-binder.html

Commendable of both of you to take a tantrummy kid out of a public restaurant. Others in the establishment cpplauded your action in their head as no one really wants to have to listen to a unhappy kid. Sorry you had to miss out on dinner.

OK, I made my first batch of Apfelwein on July 12. I looked in on it yesterday and there are still C02 bubbles slowly rolling up the sides of the carboy. Is that normal? Nearly 2 months in the jar and still visible signs of fermentation?

Good chance that it is just off-gassing, being that cool it may hold the Co2 in suspension even after fermentation is complete and it slowly releases. I have had wines take a while to finish though. Only way to be sure is to pull a reading and of course try a taste because that's the fun part. :rockin:

On the coffee hard today

I have had Apfelwein upwards to 6 months in primary that if i rocked it, the airlock would start bubbling. Is it clear Ridre? It seems that once it falls clear you should be good to go.

Cant wait to go there in November. I'll be heading there right after getting off the plane

Nothing to do with your post...

Just wanted to say that I like your handle and your location is also cool:

Between-the-keggerator-and-the-couch

Next time somebody has a problem that exists between the keggerator and the couch (pebkac), maybe I could borrow your line? Yep, we've been using pebkac to describe users in the IT world for a long time (problem exists between keyboard and chair). I'm sure that's where you adopted it from!

I have had Apfelwein upwards to 6 months in primary that if i rocked it, the airlock would start bubbling. Is it clear Ridre? It seems that once it falls clear you should be good to go.

It's pretty clear. I think I'm going to just let it sit the rest of September and then bottle it in early October. I am not going to carb it, so it should be good to go the day of bottling.

Nothing to do with your post...

Just wanted to say that I like your handle and your location is also cool:

Between-the-keggerator-and-the-couch

Next time somebody has a problem that exists between the keggerator and the couch (pebkac), maybe I could borrow your line? Yep, we've been using pebkac to describe users in the IT world for a long time (problem exists between keyboard and chair). I'm sure that's where you adopted it from!

Thanks man. I just came up with the location randomly. I do not with in IT but if you want to use it go ahead!

Pre work beer.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1409856947.651926.jpg

Lots of acidity but very tasty! I enjoy it as a pallet cleanser but I don't think I could do a sixer back-to-back.
10653746_10152255858256945_2166214038395998114_n.jpg

After FF drafts on Mon, Tues and Wed....I took today off from beer. Drinking water with a Salisbury steak TV Dinner. :(

Lots of acidity but very tasty! I enjoy it as a pallet cleanser but I don't think I could do a sixer back-to-back.
10653746_10152255858256945_2166214038395998114_n.jpg

Yeah, more than two on a hot day would be my limit for Gose.

Nice. I just put that on my 5 beers to brew next list. How did it turn out?

Not sure how it is right now really. Never had the original to compare it to. Quite green and not enough carb yet. I think it's pretty tasty thus far, but I think it could use a different bittering hop that is complimentary. Guess I'll have another to decide what it needs haha

First beer since Sunday. Damn good, the old guard got it right for session beers. I could drink this all night long. Lots of character and violently balanced.

1409874397782.jpg

Back