Moving Advice

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fretbrner

Reaction score
Hey all, I will be moving at the end of the year out of the country(US). I was looking for advice on shipping, and if anyone else has already went through an international move. How did you ship your stuff?? I already know about the electrical differences. But don't plan to take any with me, except one or two amps that are already dual voltage capable.

I guess I was wondering how I was going to ship some bins, musical equipment, and my brewing equipment.

Anyways, what shipping companies have people used? What was your experience with them?

Thanks

I have never shipped stuff out of the country, but my brother shipped stuff back in after living in France for a year. The major problem was the cost, to save on cost he wound up having it shipped as part of a container vessel that didn't leave port until he was in the U.S. and he didn't get his stuff for another 3 weeks after arriving.

Luckily he was moving back in with my parents till he found a place so he didn't need anything that badly. Just keep that in mind when you ship stuff, take stock of what you really need and bring the stuff you absolutely need on the plane. Overseas freight shipping can take a while.

Back