Pump for Glycol Cooler system.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wstandis

Reaction score
I purchased the Shurflo 8005-733-155 for my system but it is WAY to loud.

8000 Series Delivery Pumps

it is in my basement and I can hear it in my living room. I wonder if it is a function of not having enough power to lift the coolant up 6 verical feet?

Any one reccomend a pump that will circulate my glycol quietly and not struggle to push it up 6'? i thought for sure this was the one based on the claim of Self priming up to 8 vertical feet (2.4m)

Thanks.

WDS

What is the flow requirement in GPM?, what is the line size and total length?. With this information the friction loss can be calculated and a pump size and type determined. Sounds like you have a tap tower with glycol cooled lines, most likely a march MDXT-3 or a AC-3CP-MD pump would work for that application.

I dont really think the GPM is a huge factor - Anywhere above 5 should do just fine (i think) line size is 3/8 and it is a 16 foot run with a 6 ' vertical.

Yes it is a two tower glycol system in my residence so it does not move huge volumes like a bar would.

The March MDXT-3 should fit that application well, a suggestion is to place pump where heat from motor can escape and oil ports on motor are accessable. Be prepared to cycle power to pump to prime pump on initial fill and startup, after bubbles are forced through there should be no problems.

Back