What mini fridge to use that will hold a 6 gal better bottle?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mustangfreak

Reaction score
Title says it all, I'd like to pick up a mini fridge that will hold a 6 gallon better bottle so I can easily control the fermentation temps.

I have a whirlpool fridge right now, but it has a freezer portion, and I took apart the freezer part partially and the freezer box is just hanging in it right now, would that be a problem if I just hooked the fridge up to a temp controller? If not I could use it, but I'd have to use corny's as my primary and secondary because there is a hump in the back and no room for a carboy. (I hope all of that made sense).

You can take the door off and extend the fridge by cutting some of the foam board insulation and taping it to the fridge. Works well for me.

Bump. I can't make up my mind really. I want a new mini fridge without a freezer, but at the same time I don't want to spend more money then I have too. I am worried about uneven cooling temps in the one I have due to the freezer.

Any advice/tips HBT?

Title says it all, I'd like to pick up a mini fridge that will hold a 6 gallon better bottle so I can easily control the fermentation temps.

I have a whirlpool fridge right now, but it has a freezer portion, and I took apart the freezer part partially and the freezer box is just hanging in it right now, would that be a problem if I just hooked the fridge up to a temp controller? If not I could use it, but I'd have to use corny's as my primary and secondary because there is a hump in the back and no room for a carboy. (I hope all of that made sense).

i bought a mini fridge for $20 like the one you have, freezer just hanging there and it works great with my temp controller. i have a kolsch in there right now holding at around 32 degrees.

I too have what sounds like the same fridge all I did was remove the front door interior panel (with all the shelves and stuff) and the better bottle fits perfect so does the ale pale but the 6.5 glass wouldn't fit.

I bought a mini from CL for 40, a dual stage temp controller from ebay for 25, some 2 inch pink insulation and liquid nails from HD for about 30 and i got a home for 3 fermenters at a time. I put 2 computer fans placed in front of the freezer section blowing out into,the extension. I have 15 gallons of beer conditioning rightt now at 67. The fans circulate air for perfectly even cooling. This is the way to go imho

Back