if i lived alone, i'd have to stop brewing now legally!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't worry about going over the legal limit myself, but I'm doing 5-8 gallon batches only, and started back in July. Just hit 85 gallons....

I wouldn't post about it online even if I did go over the legal limit, I have seen way too many things wind up on the internet that came back to haunt somebody.

I couldn't agree more. There are several good reasons not to run around bragging about breaking the law, whatever you think of the law itself or its likelihood of being enforced. I brewed an amount this year that was sufficient to my needs.

In fact, as I write this (from Sasebo-shi, Nagasaki-ken, Japan, ready to repack and hop the big bird for Chicago) my shelves back home are pretty much full, and will take me most of the winter to empty enough bottles to start brewing again.

and find that you've been brewing. and then leave the premises. :cross:

Trouble is, those who should be least concerned regarding these "laws" don't know the difference between brewing or distilling. and when the complaint goes out that there is a still, people check.

With the pictures of beer guts I feel like I need to add this, it is not quite a beer gut, but a gastrointestinal beer related issue:

nejm.jpg

Image taken from the New England Journal of Medicine

Anyways.....is 100 gallons the federal limit? I am just curious because I don't believe that my state has a volume limit, just an alcohol percentage limit.
Someone REALLY likes Negra Modelo.

Brewdouche is correct. Don't tempt fate by flaunting what you "might" be doing outside the law. All you need is the wrong person or persons with a bad hair up their crack and you're stuck trying to prove your innocence.
Rico567 are you at the navy base at Sasebo? Was there in '99 or so (1999 not 1899).

Back