The [very cool] doctor who thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So.. two weeks before the 50th. Can't believe it's coming up so quickly.

Anyone else excited?

Anyone else like me without cable or satellite TV wondering how the hell you're going to watch it? lol

Anyone else like me without cable or satellite TV wondering how the hell you're going to watch it? lol

The Hola plug-in for Firefox. You can watch region restricted live TV. It will be on BBC's iplayer live.

Edit: Guys, anyone using Hola, I recommend QI. It's a humorous faux quiz show with Stephen Fry......Gotta love Stephen Fry!

They're also showing the 50th simultaneously in very select theaters in the US, then in more two nights later... Of course, it looks like I'm also going to a football game that weekend, so my time is kind of tapped out to make it down to NYC for the simultaneous showing, but maybe I'll make one of the local showings on Monday night.

I took the day off from work to watch, wife is planning a whole Dr.Who themed spread of deliciousness with tasty beverages. Cant wait was late to finish this last season and have been itching for my fix.

I bet they were sent there as partial down payment for a large sum of money to be transferred to their account

FYI - I am having a SS Plate engraved with

T.A.R.D.I.S. - C.E. // for Christopher Eccleston my first doctor

Anyone else have the "parking brake" woosh wooohsh" as their txt/alert on their phone?

FYI I laughed my ass off with River said that the tardis had a parking brake LOL

The Hola plug-in for Firefox. You can watch region restricted live TV. It will be on BBC's iplayer live.

Edit: Guys, anyone using Hola, I recommend QI. It's a humorous faux quiz show with Stephen Fry......Gotta love Stephen Fry!

Thanks for this! I hadn't heard of Hola, but I just installed it on Chrome and I can watch iPlayer now. Awesome!

Thanks for this! I hadn't heard of Hola, but I just installed it on Chrome and I can watch iPlayer now. Awesome!

Awesome, indeed it is! (get out of my head Yoda)

Anyone wanting to watch the good doctor at it's earliest screenings, thoroughly I recommend it. (Yoda, please, now just **** off)

Edit:- It's on chrome too? Well, who woulda thunk it!! :)

They just found some lost episodes in Nigeria.. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-24467337

SWMBO and I are re-watching Series 7... Episode 5 is still devastatingly heart-wrenching.

Awesome! I remember watching the Yeti episodes as a young kid. A lot of BBC episodes of all kinds of series were lost in the 60's simply because tape was expensive, and they would record new stuff over the old......These days, we would call that moronic.

HOLA plugin on chrome..... all I can say is Bloody Brilliant!

Check out a show called Dracula 2013 and Atlantis 2013.... Did not even know they existed watching now.

<3

1399568_10153442303620389_1577124207_o.jpg

It looks like the next season doesn't start until August 2014. All we have this year is the 50th Anniversary special and the Christmas special.

All you BBC iPlayer watchers check out the exclusive mini episode on there called "Night of the Doctor"- 7 minutes of back story linking the last episode and the 50th anniversary episode next Saturday.

brewmcq said:
Was really nice to see Paul McGann in action again.. it is a shame he didn't get a good multi-year run.

"I'm a doctor, but probably not the one you were expecting"

Also just watching The Science of Doctor Who with Professor Brian Cox. Fascinating stuff and its also on iPlayer. I love the BBC's educational output.

So my kid is apparently inviting a couple of friends to come over. Plus, the niece and nephew are coming over to watch. I think there may be a couple more coming over.

So I guess I better make a TARDIS CAKE for this party! And I'm betting there will be fish fingers and custard for snacking on...

Homercidal said:
So my kid is apparently inviting a couple of friends to come over. Plus, the niece and nephew are coming over to watch. I think there may be a couple more coming over.

So I guess I better make a TARDIS CAKE for this party! And I'm betting there will be fish fingers and custard for snacking on...

Talking of cakes, going to try making this one instead of a Christmas cake this year. http://www.lakeland.co.uk/18036/Dalek-Cake-Mould

I saw that and it looks awesome! I was looking for an actual TARDIS cake pan but there doesn't seen to be any. I've seen a 2-piece mold for a veyr small cake (or chocolate or whatehaveyou) but I think a regular rectangular cake painted like the front of the TARDIS will have to suffice.

But it begs the question: Why isn't there a TARDIS cake pan to be had?? Someone needs to go back in time and design one of these so I can order one in time for the party...

Anyone else going to see the 50th anniversary episode in 3D next week?

Is this live broadcast going well vote yea or no haha. My wife wants to strangle this host.

So impressed with the story line and tying in all the doctors. Wife and I didn't say a word or move the whole show.

Well I just pop'd a 2 year old 3 gallon batch of lambic for this... and am looking forward to watching.

lambic will be for mixing, but funkky sour goodness

Wow, just back from the 3d screening. Those Tardis are HUGE inside!

So many great lines and references, but I think my favourite has to be the opening scene starting exactly where we first met the Doctor in 1963. Nice touch.

Back