Funny things you've overheard about beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ha I didn't even realize how bad I wrote that, it was a long morning at work that day and I only got 30 mins for lunch so I rushed it a little bit and didn't proofread it, my bad carry on.

On a funny side of beer
We had a party of the weekend for my mom and had her friends over I got asked countless times if what I was growing was legal, or "is that pot growing up to your deck"

Never saw pot in bine form guess I better watch for the police
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1435031486.391986.jpg

That rather surprising, in a way. Even pop talked about smoking " reefer" before it was a crime. Didn't care for it much. But vining weed? That'd be something to see! :fro:

And even funnier(at least to me) Ummmm.... Is that really a WOOD fire pit...uh fire box?
Cool looking way to grow the hops, anyway. (Pot grows in bush form by the way)

A friend of mine was keen to learn a bit about brewing so I invited him to a recent brew day. He's an engineer and was keen to learn about the processes and how everything works.

Anyhoos, many myths were dispelled during the day, but I think the best one was that "ales and lagers come from the same batch - ales are taken from the top half of the tank and lagers from the bottom". I guess somewhere he'd read or heard about ales being top fermenting and lagers being bottom fermenting...but missed the mark a bit.

Lol yep were having a party and being in PA you better have at least a 12 pack the the yuengling or it's a hate crime lol, and yep in side the box is lined with aluminum flashing. We are building a new one that will be insulated with stainless walls, and with a roof for
when it rains because well it's not related to beer but this will make some laugh I bet it started pouring with a few mins left to cook on the tenderloin
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1435119452.896300.jpg

Lol yep were having a party and being in PA you better have at least a 12 pack the the yuengling or it's a hate crime lol, and yep in side the box is lined with aluminum flashing. We are building a new one that will be insulated with stainless walls, and with a roof for
when it rains because well it's not related to beer but this will make some laugh I bet it started pouring with a few mins left to cook on the tenderloin
View attachment 286465

"You might be a redneck if..." :cool:

That rather surprising, in a way. Even pop talked about smoking " reefer" before it was a crime. Didn't care for it much. But vining weed? That'd be something to see! :fro:

The coolest thing you can do with it is to train it to grow in a spiral, while restricting upward growth and you end up with a really cool bonsai tree-like effect.

Much easier to grow in small spaces that way.

View attachment 286465

MmmmmMMMmmmmm....... Fire roasted wheelbarrow and Yuengling, must have been a PA BBQ. :goat:

Pa BBQ with a little Cajun coming out lol it was my only solution to keep the fire going and finish the meat lol

:Sitting at the bar at my local VFW:

Patron: Have you tried that flat tire beer the just got in?

Me: It's fat tire, and yes I've had it quite a few times. (just recently started distribution in my area but I've had it other places) Have you tried it?

Patron: No I don't like ales.

Me: What kind of ales have you drank? This had a bit of a bready taste because it has biscuit malt in it. I like it now and then.

Patron: I don't remember but I just don't like the ale taste.

Me: What is an ale taste? (orders one and a plastic glass so he can try it)

Patron: I don't know but I don't like it. (tastes) No it has that ale taste.

Me: Okay. But you know it's an ale because the yeast ferments on top instead of the bottom don't you?

Patron: No. I just know I don't like the ale taste.

Me: (Head assplode)

View attachment 286465
When I saw that picture all I could think of was this:
shopping-cart-grill-578x360.jpg

When I saw that picture all I could think of was this:
shopping-cart-grill-578x360.jpg

I have used small sections of cattle fencing for that. Funny thing was about every 5 feet similar sections were gone, so we were not the only ones who needed a grill grate. :cross:

Back