Questin about ferm chamber build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sorefingers23

Reaction score
Just bought a mini fridge and temp controller to mske my fermentation chamber, and I was wondering how the little freezer would affect the temperature inside.

Also I have 2 more questions
1. If I'm fermenting 2 different beers at different stages of fermentation how would I control the temp do the are both at the correct temp.

2. Would I be able to ferment lagers in a mini fridge ferm chamber?

you should easily be able to ferment lagers.

when you are fermenting different beers in different phases I usually control for the one most recently pitched. since the bulk of the flavor profile is made within the first couple days of fermentation it is most important that you control during that time. with that said usually I make a batch about every two weeks so they beers have two weeks at the controlled temperature before I control a different one. so normally my beers are mostly fermented out and they are just conditioning when I switch which batch is getting temperature controlled.

Back