Yet another keggle conversion

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steppenwolph

Reaction score
Man! I just cut the top off a keg and drilled the hole for the bulkhead fittings. I feel like a real homebrewer now! :ban: I had been brewing in an aluminum stockpot that was barely large enough. Now I have tons of capacity. I bought a false bottom from Jaybird, and a dip tube off ebay that attaches with a tri clover fitting, so no tools needed to take it apart and remove the false bottom - easy cleaning :rockin: I'm really going to have to start drinking more beer.

Congrats on your Keggle, that reminds me, i should go and make mine right now, I too am using an aluminum pot that is too small.

Agreed, you should drink more beer :D

If you are not doing anything on Saturday come on out and have a blast. https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f20/national-homebrew-day-southern-nj-philadelphia-242512/

I am participating in this event at the local LHBS, who is selling us ingredients for the event at cost. The guy who runs it is a really great guy. Interestingly, there is an Iron Hill brewery in West Chester where my local home brew club holds their meetings. Iron Hill is a great supporter of the homebrew scene.

I am participating in this event at the local LHBS, who is selling us ingredients for the event at cost. The guy who runs it is a really great guy. Interestingly, there is an Iron Hill brewery in West Chester where my local home brew club holds their meetings. Iron Hill is a great supporter of the homebrew scene.

That is a sweet deal. Yes Iron Hill is a great supporter of hobby. I can't tell you of all the ways they're helpin out. Well enjoy. I hope to have my kegs converted to be used Saturday as a keggle and MLT. My 9 gallon pot for HLT.

Also, I meant to add that this would not be possible without the wealth of information available here. This is a great, world class forum. When I first showed up here, I didn't know my a$$ from my elbow and now I do! Thanks, you all are the best.

Back