Plastic Conicals???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikelikesit2000

Reaction score
I am trying to get some info on these vessels. I found a bunch of older threads, but not really anything on the results, or how well they work. I would like some first hand experience tales. I would like to know if this is a good way to go. Any info would be great. Thanks

60$ is a decent price, but you have to add the 100$ for the stand.

Great for the price, but sadly it will not last forever like SS.

Thanks for the link

From what I've read here, most people don't buy the stands since they're overpriced and of poor quality. They either make their own stands, or just cut a hole/s in a work bench.

If you don't have access to a Tank-depot locally, keep an eye on the shipping charges. I've been having my fair rubs with UPS lately and their dimensional weight charges. Basically, you get charged what a package that size should weigh and how much space it will occupy on the truck. This is probably why Tank-Depot's shipping charges are so much...lots of volume, very little weight.

If you don't have access to a Tank-depot locally, keep an eye on the shipping charges. I've been having my fair rubs with UPS lately and their dimensional weight charges. Basically, you get charged what a package that size should weigh and how much space it will occupy on the truck. This is probably why Tank-Depot's shipping charges are so much...lots of volume, very little weight.

I see.Thanks for the tip

I was looking into these as a conical option as well. One of the things I discovered was that shipping was basically unavoidable, but if you contact a dealer and tell them you want the tank drop shipped, it's coming from Norwesco's plant in California - which drops the shipping cost, and the lead time (I was still told it'd take 2-3 weeks tho!)

How would you attach valves? Some kind of weldless-type setup with o-rings? Seems difficult to sanitize if that's the case...

@Brewogie - do you actually take them apart and scrub/sanitize between fermentations or just swish some sanitizer around inside, open the valve and cross your fingers?

Also, how do you handle the pressure release?

Any pictures?

Latest posts

Back