danby kegerator problem

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jewsh

Reaction score
I have recently inherited a Danny kegerator. I was very excited so I went and bought all the fixings to start kegging, and I have a Belgian ipa fermenting to be my first keg. I have read online about this unit. Nothing but issues The compressor kicks on when it feels and 6 hrs later my bottle of beer will be room temperature. It does get cold, just doesn't stay that way. I bought a temp control for it and it seemed to work for a bit, but again, it returned warm. I'm glad my keg was not full in the unit. I have read I can hardwire the temp control to the relay to bypass the existing thermostat. It sounds like a fair plan that should work. Anybody have this issue or know how to go about fixing the problem. I dont want a non workiNg , empty kegerator sitting in my room. It tis a sad sight!

Is your compressor bad? You should hardly be able to hear it once it's running. If it makes a loud buzzing noise, it's probably blown or on it's way. If it's blown, it emits alot more heat than it can take away and eventually it just can't keep up. It can't cool the small refrigerator space of it's own heat. Don't ask me how I know this.... =P

Unfortunately, if your compressor is blown, you're pretty much SOL... they cost way more to fix than to just buy a new refrigerator.

The compressor kicks on and it sounds smooth. It gets cold, but seems like the installed temp control doesn't read right.

I unplugged the little stock thermometer from the harness and pluged it back in. The compressor kicked right on. I did this several times with the same result. I'm thinking if I put a wire in both the connections on the male harness, the compressor will run non stop. But if I have the unit plugged into a temp control.....this could work I think. I just thought of that.

Back