29mm problems

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smellysell

Reaction score
Sorry if this question has already been answered, but if it has I couldn't find it with the search.

I have a bunch of 750s that require 29mm caps (Cantillon, Smokestack, etc) so I decided to buy the Red Baron wing capper along with a 29mm bell from NB. I switched the plates around to the 29mm side and put the bigger bell in there, but for some reason can't get a good crimp on the cap. It crimps it enough to keep the cap on, but I can spin it pretty easily still. I put the standard bell back in and it seals that standard cap fine.

Any thoughts/suggestions?

I'll take a long shot and say the bottles aren't actually 29mm. I've got some larger bottles that 26mm seems to small, but the 29mm's are too big. Does something in between exist?

I really don't know though. Sorry.

I'll take a long shot and say the bottles aren't actually 29mm. I've got some larger bottles that 26mm seems to small, but the 29mm's are too big. Does something in between exist?

I really don't know though. Sorry.

I suppose that may be it, but they won't work with any of the 750s with the bigger caps. I've tried them on probably 10 different bottles.

Back