Mmmmm......meat

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alemonkey

Reaction score
Threw a roast on the smoker a couple of hours ago...dinner tonight is going to rock - hombrew and barbeque. I let it marinade all night and it was falling apart even before I put it on the smoker.

What I've found works best with brisket is you need to cook it longer than other cuts - it's pretty tough unless you cook it long enough to disolve all the internal fat. Last one I did, I cooked it until the internal temp was 190 and it was nice & tender.

Let it cook... slice it real thin and put it back in the pan in it's juices. Toss it back in the oven with some foil over the top for an additional 30 or so minutes.

The last one I made, I marrinated it with a Brown oatmeal homebrew I have.... oy....

Well, I just checked back, but I basically did what you both recommended and it was outstanding. I dry rubbed it and cooked it for 5 hrs at 275F on the Weber topping up the coals and wood chips every hour or so. For the last hour I basted it with my barbecue sauce and enclosed it in foil. I can't believe how tender and flavorful it was, and for $3.50 a pound.

hmmm....

never did a brisket on the grill. But now I have ideas...

Today was basic, Brats, and potatoes and onions with garlic sliced up and cooked to awesome (if i do say so myself) then fireworks by the lake and ice cream from DQ afterword.... (altho I did some t-bones Sunday that were :rockin: )

Hope everyone had a great 4th!

Ize

Back