eva-dry 1100 in kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

borto1990

Reaction score
Has anyone tried one of these? I see numerous posts on the 500 model. But I don't really want to mess around with all the drying etc. I've got a 10 tap unit. And I would like to sit this on the hump then silicone a drain tube out the drain. I am surprised I can't find this in a search..

Has anyone tried one of these? I see numerous posts on the 500 model. But I don't really want to mess around with all the drying etc. I've got a 10 tap unit. And I would like to sit this on the hump then silicone a drain tube out the drain. I am surprised I can't find this in a search..

Do it, and let us know how it works!

I looked at it on their site, and it looks as simple as you say,silicone a nipple on the tank, and install a hose.

I got faith in you! :mug:

Not sure how humid it is up in Mi, but here i only have to heat up the 500 every 2-3 months to dry it...so its not really a hassle..with 10 taps your going to be opening you kegerator on a monthly basis at a minimum i'd wager...likely way more :)

I have the 500 and it works really well. I dry it out about every two months but it doesn't get very humid here.

Does this work better than damprid? Right now I have 3 small damprids in my keezer and they don't seem to do anything. I still have puddles on the floor.

it seems like I always have moisture in that thing. It's too much of a pain to pull everything out and keep wiping it down. I keep mine out in the garage. I think as cheap as they are it's got to be worth a try. it is probably a quarter inch deep down at the bottom right now

it seems like I always have moisture in that thing. It's too much of a pain to pull everything out and keep wiping it down. I keep mine out in the garage. I think as cheap as they are it's got to be worth a try. it is probably a quarter inch deep down at the bottom right now

Are you using the Eva dry?

not yet.. kids toys are over powering keezer dryness at the moment.. I hope to buy it in the next week to give it a try.

I have the Eva Dry and have no water in the bottom. There is however water droplets on the walls. Does anyone know if this is normal?

If you have a 1/4" of water in the bottom, it sounds like you have bigger problems! Are you sure there are no air leaks? Did you caulk all the seams/joints? Are you opening the lid every 5 seconds?

If you have a 1/4" of water in the bottom, it sounds like you have bigger problems! Are you sure there are no air leaks? Did you caulk all the seams/joints? Are you opening the lid every 5 seconds?

Yes. Everything is caulked and sealed. Only gets opened a few times a month.

m3n00b said:
Going to order one on amazon soon but need to come up with $35 of stuff to get free shipping.

Buy 2 500's or ad a few cheap computer fans and you should be good!

USAF_CAVEMAN said:
I have the Eva Dry and have no water in the bottom. There is however water droplets on the walls. Does anyone know if this is normal?

Had that a lot with mine. Probably getting through the top seal.

borto1990 said:
Yes. Everything is caulked and sealed. Only gets opened a few times a month.

Similar to what I said above, make sure your lid to collar seals well. I had a ton of water infiltrating, caulked everything, and still had some issues. I ended up having to use two 15# dumb bells to get the great seal.

Another suggestion I heard was work on getting the humidity outside the kegorator to a reasonable level. That may not be feasible in a garage.

Back