Distracted so messed up

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benzy4010

Reaction score
Tried to squeez a brew day into my Saturday and was successful, sorta. I think I had to roaring a boil so boiled off to much wort. Shooting for a five gallon brew and ended up with like 4. Also I did an IPA and didn't have my hop bags so the wort is extremely cloudy. Just looks like a green cloud wort. I used a whorflcok tab so it will help some but I dunno about this batch

Just top it off with a gallon of water....the hops and cloudiness should settle out while it sets. You will be fine...never know....might be the best brew you've made to date! :mug:

Adding gallon now. It's a new Zealand hopped IPA I'm excited to taste it

If you want clearer IPAs, use a hop bag and toss in 1/4 tsp of Irish Moss per 5 gallons of wort 10 minutes before flame out.

You should be fine with the 1-gallon top up. You might have lost some hop utilization, so your bitterness might come in lower than normal, but I'm sure it'll still be a fine beer.

Best of luck.

image-1411003074.jpg

Green. From the flameout hops. Green when I pitched yeast

Haha yea. Wife got into making blankets so everyone including the dog got one. She doesn't like it but my fermenters do. Yea there are hunks of hops just floating around and it reeks of hops. Not complaining but it's different than any i have done before

Back