My Beer won't stop fermenting

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skramarck

Reaction score
Looking for help before my wife kills me!

My pilsener has been fermenting for close to 5 weeks. I used White Labs yeast, and fermented at around 50deg for the first 3 weeks or so. The last two weeks, it has slowed down greatly, but still has a pretty steady amount of small bubbles rising. The gravity measurements are real close to where it should be, but Im afraid to bottle it, only to have it explode later.

Again, the bubbles are small and spaced out, but they are pretty steady.

Any advice is appreciated..I need to get this fermenter out of the kitchen and get these puppies bottled

swirrle it gentle a few times, not hard tho.

also take a gravity reading and see how it looks.

secondary....I bottled yesterday.....fingers crossed. It tastes pretty solid (tried it at the last hygrometer reading).....here's hoping

my Scaldis big beer was like that for 2 weeks. took FG reading and was fine. bottled and its all good

thanks for the advice.....7 days later and drinking the brew....carbonated up real fast and actually came out very good!

This recipe definately bears repeating and possibly kegging

Steve

Back