• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Dallas TX Scrap yard kegs and cold plates

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bendavanza

Reaction score
Gold's Metal on Lamar near 45 has some stuff, I cherry picked some 5g corny kegs but there are some left with no lids and there are some crushed ones with lids (stainless seemed to be in 2 areas, and the guys driving aorund the forklifts were pretty helpful). The ones without lids were in damn near brand new shape, there were maybe 4 left. They have a liquid level sensor but that can be removed, and the sealed diptube for the sensor could be used as a thermowell. There also was a pile of cold plates. I bought the stainless at $1 lb, Joe was the guy there who gave me the price, they normally charge $2. Good luck I'm sure someone could use these and or resell at profit. I don't have time to go back for a while so have at it.
photo50.jpg

photo47.jpg

that is just about the saddest thing I have ever seen. they are all limp and lifeless, entrails strewn this way and that.

You should see some of the soda dispensers crushed up, and carbonator tanks. You know those have the fancy carb stones in them but they would be a total PITA to take apart in a muddy scrapyard. There are jet engines from what look to be fighter planes. It's acres of junk piled high. Always an adventure.

Been there and done that. It can be addicting. I found myself at scrap yard daily on the off chance i'd find a gem. But you can't save them all.

Kegs were used for water in a lab. like this http://www.americaninstrument.com/equipment/filters/2348b-filter.asp
All the ones I opened up had little or no liquid left, it appeared to be water, no smell, some still had pressure and a few had labels from a lab stating "infrequent use" for water tanks. I can't guarantee anything but that's what I observed. I bought 18 of them.
The cold plates are used for soft drink dispensing.

If any one is going to be going down there I could really use a couple of those cold plates. Please let me know if anyone decides to take a trip down there.

wagner
If i had the time i would get them for you, I just got booked on a job so my free time vanished.

Latest posts

Back