I have decided . . . .

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hellbender

Reaction score
. . . . . that the most essential experience of home brewing is that of continual insults to the olfactory. I am really beginning to push the envelope with SWMBO these days with my love of Apfelwein and wheat beers.

I started a honey-wheat concoction a few days ago which would gag a maggot. The krausen looks like some kind of primordial ooze that I might imagine would be entirely capable of initiating all manner of alien life forms. While I have no doubt that I will thoroughly enjoy the final result, it is remarkable how disgusting the intermediate stages can be. I think the worst is over gauging by the reduced number of buzzards camped out in the front yard.

Yeah I dunno what to tell ya! :D There's really no way around it aside from moving it into the basement if you have one, etc. And then there's the temperature challenges. Does SWMBO enjoy the brews? If so, keep her hooked :p

I'm being a little facetious. Actually SWMBO is big fan of both Apfelwein and Wheat beers, but reserves the right to complain anyway.;)

Yeah I dunno what to tell ya! :D There's really no way around it aside from moving it into the basement if you have one, etc. And then there's the temperature challenges. Does SWMBO enjoy the brews? If so, keep her hooked :p

About once a week, I look in on my flanders that I made. It smells amazing to me, but the pellicle would surely turn some away. I love it so.

She thinks the stench is bad now, wait until the beer's consumed and epic yeast farts abound.

Back