Los Angeles Home Brew Stores?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scoob

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a good place to go in the LA area to buy brewing supplies, or a place that lists locations. I have only gone to this small one by my apartment and all they have is the kits.

Thanks

I've heard of one in culver city, 10 min from LAX. It sounds pretty complete as far as merchandise goes.
Also, my nearest HBS is in Long Beach and has quite a bit of supplies--grain, extract, equipment, kits, lots o hops, etc. It's called steinfillers:

www.steinfillers.com

I go to stein fillers as well. A great place. Where in LA are you? I'm in Torrance, but the drive to Long Beach isn't that far.

Steinfillers shouldn't be too far from anywhere in southern LA county, if that's where you are. If you're in pasadena...you'd better look into that hbs in culver city.
I'm right on the edge of OC, in Cypress. I'm going to steinfillers today, even though I don't have any reason to...

...I'm just gonna look around...really!

I'm in Northridge, its considered in the city of LA, but I really wouldn't mind driving to Long Beach or the one by LAX.

thanks for the info

Thanks for the help I'll try out the one in Woodland Hills first because its the closest

Monk & Mike, we should trade brews. Give a heads up next time you're heading over there and I'll see if I can make it.

:off:
I'm originally from O.C.(before it was The O.C. (Westminster/H.B.) and about the only thing I miss being down in the South is the food, or rather the choice of food in California, oh and the weather!

Monk, I noticed you're in Cypress, my wife if from there and introduced me to a pretty good Thai restaurant in Cypress called Sweetie Thai. Ever eat there? We would eat there about three times a month. Miss it.:(

Now back to your regularly scheduled thread...

I won't have a chance to get over there this weekend. We're having my son's 2nd birthday party on Sunday, so I'll be very busy. All of the middle of the week is out also. I'm going up to northern CA for work. Maybe next weekend.

Spyk'd said:
:off:
I'm originally from O.C.(before it was The O.C. (Westminster/H.B.) and about the only thing I miss being down in the South is the food, or rather the choice of food in California, oh and the weather!

Monk, I noticed you're in Cypress, my wife if from there and introduced me to a pretty good Thai restaurant in Cypress called Sweetie Thai. Ever eat there? We would eat there about three times a month. Miss it.:(

Now back to your regularly scheduled thread...

My fiance and I eat at Sweetie Thai regularly, too. it's quite good, you're right. I bet your wife and I know some people in common, even though our ages are different (I'm 29).

Ask your wife if she was a Centurion.

Hey guys, I'm thinking of getting over to Steinfiller's this weekend. Maybe Saturday...anybody want to meet up and trade a homebrew?

monk

What time? I think I might pick up some ingredients. I was just there today, but I still need grain.

That's better for me, actually. Let me confirm my schedule later today...after I get up in the morning and am thinking straight. I'll let you know before noon.

monk

Brewsmith:

Okay, I'll be at Steinfiller's right around 11 am. I need some good yeast and maybe a couple of other things (hehe). Hope to see you (and anyone else...) there.

monk

Culver City is okay. The first time I went in, it was great. The second time, I had to wait for some guy to finish pitching his new idea for a soda machine to the clerk. The clerk clearly wasn't interested in ringing me up and let me wait a good 15 minutes. I would have walked out, but really wanted to brew that weekend. Also, watch the dates on any yeast you buy there.

Homebrew Wine and Cheese in woodland hills was great, but a little pricey. They had everything though.

*Edit: Holy ancient thread!!! :drunk:

This is the third thread in a day that I posted or replied in 2006 that has been resurrected.

See here and here. :confused:

All I can really think of is that people are actually using the search function for once.

Stein Fillers is great. It's in Long Beach. I live in Vegas, but my sister lives in LA. Every time she drives to Vegas to visit, I have her pick up a few sacks of grain for me from them (free shipping! lol). I save $25 per sack doing it this way. My LHBS in Vegas wants $60 for a sack of 2-row and $70 for Maris Otter.. No thanks!

This is the third thread in a day that I posted or replied in 2006 that has been resurrected.

See here and here. :confused:

All I can really think of is that people are actually using the search function for once.

...or someone is stalking you.

Stein Fillers is great. It's in Long Beach. I live in Vegas, but my sister lives in LA. Every time she drives to Vegas to visit, I have her pick up a few sacks of grain for me from them (free shipping! lol). I save $25 per sack doing it this way. My LHBS in Vegas wants $60 for a sack of 2-row and $70 for Maris Otter.. No thanks!

What's Stein Fillers getting for bags of 2 row and MO?

Since you're talking about Northern L.A., Culver City Brew Supply has another location in Eagle Rock near Glendale. And Lancaster is getting one (technically Quartz Hill) in the middle of Feb, The Bearded Brewer.

Went to the Bearded Brewer in Quartz Hill today for the first time and highly recommend it! Guy working, the bearded brewer very nice and helpful. Lot's of product at very competitive prices. I will be back and sounds like he will be getting a web site shortly for online ordering.

This thread is great. I live in the southbay working out in long beach and I use the search function as much as I can. I was @ southbay brew on sunday. nice looking shop. friendly guy. Stienfillers is nice too, i wish they both were open on mondays and past 7pm. Sweetie Thai is nice, there is also Parmnivarn on Carson and Bellflower that me and my wife like to go to as well. there's a new brewery near C-17 called Timless Pints, i have yet to try that place. Tuesdays @ the Lincoln Home Depot is food truck night! :D

Back