Brewstand build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

centralpabrewer

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I'm planning on building my brewstand in the near future. I'm going to build it out of aluminum tubing and angles, because I have limited storage space and want it light in case I need to take it apart. I plan on having two propane burners and two kettles, a march pump and a cc chiller attached somewhere on the stand.

Do you guys who have built brewstand worry about the frame getting hot from the burners? If so, what do you do to minimize heat transfer between the burners and the frame?

Thanks in advance.
centralpabrewer

I don't think it's much of an issue for most, since more than a few guys are running around with wooden brew stands. Most burners radiate a good portion of the heat up, and once you get a few inches away from the sides or bottom you don't feel much heat. Take a look at the https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/show-us-your-sculpture-brew-rig-46578/ thread to get an idea of different designs.

Aluminum conducts heat incredibly well... Id look into some sort of a heat shield for the rig.

I fully stand corrected. I should have thought more about the material you were using. Thanks to the other posters for putting out the correct info.

Latest posts

Back