co2 charger

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dataz722

Reaction score
Does anyone know if those 12 gram co2 catridge chargers will work with a sanke keg? and what sort of adapter would I need to get? Thanks

You could get a flare fitting and thread a hose barb onto it for a hose run between the charger and a typical sanke tap. You do know you'll need a sanke tap meant for co2 right?

Note, it's probably going to take about 10 cartridges to dispense a full 1/2BBL.

agree w/ Bobby...it takes 4-5 12gram CO2 bulbs for me to dispense a full 5 gallon corny.

assuming nobody dumps the whole bulb into the keg when I am not supervising.

Yea, I figured I would go through quite a bit of cartridges but I am getting a keg for a party this weekend and I doubt we will drink the whole thing and I dont want it to get wasted from a pump tap... I would love to just get a 5lb tank and reg and save it to use down the road when I keg I cant spare that money until atleast October. So can anyone else think of anything other than the charger setup?

I used to play paintball and still have some old small co2 tanks from that. I have found a reg on craigslist for $10 and if I am able to get it by friday what would I need to hook the paintball tank to the reg? That may very well be the cheapest route.

You'll need a paintball tank to reg converter fitting. I think Williams sells them. In any case, you're still going to need a Sanke tap that accepts a CO2 input. They won't have them for rent at the liquor store (that I know of).

I used to play paintball and still have some old small co2 tanks from that. I have found a reg on craigslist for $10 and if I am able to get it by friday what would I need to hook the paintball tank to the reg? That may very well be the cheapest route.

Here ya go....
http://www.williamsbrewing.com/BREWER_S_EDGE_PAINTBALL_REGUL_P1954C117.cfm

EDIT: Dang, Bobby beat me to it. As he said, you'll still need a new sanke and you will probably want an on/off valve as well...

I was hoping to get stuff that I could pick up at lowes or home depot because I will need this for saturday. Its starting to look like im going to be stuck with the hand pump. Oh well that just means we are going to have to drink more :mug:

Latest posts

Back