Bottling Day!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slipgate

Reaction score
Here are some pics - I decided simpler was better on the lables.

winebottle1.JPG

winebottle2.JPG

winebottle3.JPG

winebottle4.JPG

That's 18 gallons total. (3 batches)

1 batch, the Caberbnet Franc, was bottled in January, I just now got around to labeling it, so some have been given away or drank. The other 2 were bottled in the last 2 weeks.

I have so many unlabelled bottles it isn't even funny. I use things like rubber bands twisted around a bottle meaning sweet, no rubber band meaning dry, etc. :)

How do you get your labels made? Can you just buy blanks, load them into your inkjet and easily print them out? What kind of software do you use to design them? Hopefully something free like OpenOffice or the Gimp? :)

It couldn't be easier! I have Avery's free label prgram and use Avery's 6/sheet laser labels. All the clipart was included with the program. You can download it from their site I think. It is called "Design Pro". As an alternate, you can use MS Word. Also those labels are pretty easy to get off in the sink. Most just float off after a 10 minute soak.

would those labels work with an inkjet printer?

OH DARN - just went to try to download it and it's 82 megs - much too much for my dial-up, darn!

would those labels work with an inkjet printer?

OH DARN - just went to try to download it and it's 82 megs - much too much for my dial-up, darn!

There are inkjet and laser versions of each label series that Avery sells. You can always use MS Word - or really any program that has a built-in template for Avery labels.

BTW: I have 4 more batches of wine (120 bottles) that will be ready for labels in the next month or so.

Back