Finally brewed a really good beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

d_m_s_00

Reaction score
So I’ve been lurking around HBT for a few years, brewed a few extract kits with steeped grain and last year got all the gear I needed to go all grain. In total I probably did about 15 batches - 8-9 all grain. The results were good but not quite what I expected. I wanted to make beer just as good as what I would get from a brewpub. Although I was brewing a decent beer that some of my friend liked (or at least said they did), I was probably most critical and starting to think that without being a chemist and investing too much time/money in brewing I wouldn't get the result I was looking for. Well that just changed :rockin: I brewed the Chinook IPA from northern brewer and it was fantastic. It’s still a little green being in the bottle for only 3 weeks but man am I stoked! I'm so modivated now that I don't think i'd ever be able to quit this hobby!
Cheers

Ah, it's a fantastic thing when you make a beer that rivals the good stuff you can buy in the store. Once you do that, it really opens your eyes to the possibilities. Are you kegging yet? If not, that's the next big revelation.

It feels good, doesn't it? Congrats! Here's a pat on the back. :D

man_pat_on_the_back_boy_lg_nwm.gif

No kegs yet, I put the funds away for it... i just can't find the room for a second fridge in a small apartment. I don't think swmbo would appreciate me monopolizing half the fridge with beer. Maybe I'll have get a bigger pad for my hobby :D

Back