Heading to Vegas this week.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man, Vegas had everything,:ban: but good beer. I didn't have a ton of time, but when I went out there was crap beer. Most of it was BMC. Some might had SA. I think one night I got a chick ultra, with a shot of Chopin in it..:rockin:

I'm headed out Easter Sunday for a conferece I have several 12 PAC shippers I plan to bring. Any stores to recommend I visit for some west coast beers to take home......

Khoury's, Total Wine, or Lee's Discount Liqour. Total wine will have the best selection, and close to, if not the best price. Lee's is a chain that has great prices but all stores vary on selection. Khoury's is an awesome store, very small selection, but very good too. Plus they got 3 taps & you can open up any bottle in the store

If you want the off-the-Strip local experience (which is way better than what you will get on the Strip), here you go:

Our best microbrewery is Big Dogs Draft House. They brew West Coast style beers, and have a good IPA, red, stout, and pale ale. Their seasonals are extremely good, but they don't have any on tap right now. The bar food is really good too. On April 30th they are hosting Peace Love and Hoppy-ness, which is the best craft beer event that happens in Vegas.

The best pub to get seasonal crafts Laguintas, Deschutes, Dogfish Head, Stone, etc. on draft is Aces and Ales. Its a small dive bar owned by Alice Cooper's guitar player, but the beer on tap is amazing for Las Vegas. The local Homebrew club meets here every other Friday (call them for exact dates/times). Last week I had Dogfish Head Sah'tea and Sierra Nevada Brewing Hoptimum on tap. They also have aged beers, like old Stone brews, but they will cost you a pretty penny.

I also recommend Khoury's. This is a bottle shop, but they always have three great beers on tap. Last time I was there they had Firestone Walker Double Jack and New Belgium La Folie on tap. On Wednesday nights, Khoury's has beer tastings where beer nerds get together, buy a few bottles, and share.

Man, Vegas had everything,:ban: but good beer. I didn't have a ton of time, but when I went out there was crap beer. Most of it was BMC. Some might had SA. I think one night I got a chick ultra, with a shot of Chopin in it..:rockin:

You're mostly right, but if you know where to look, you can find good beer here. :)

That was not nearly as bad as you made it out to be. Many people, me included, wish their first came out that palatable.

Back