Malt Vinegar

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewsmith

Home brewing moogerfooger
Reaction score
So I thought about it before, and I think I'm finally going to go through with it. I'm going to make some malt vinegar, intentionally. :p I'm only going to do a 1 gallon batch, since I don't know what the outcome will be, plus, who needs a couple gallons of vinegar? I'm going to basically make one gallon of beer at about 6% abv and then add the malt vinegar mother. I'm also going to lightly hop the beer, really only for preservative qualities, not bitterness. And since when I think of malt vinegar, I think of fish and chips and related English pub fare, I'm going to keep the recipe fairly authentic on the ingredients:

2 lbs British 2-row
0.25 lb Crystal 40 (really only for color)

0.125 oz EKG's 30 min

Some british dry yeast - For only one gallon, I'm not going to spend 6 bucks on a liquid yeast.
I'm also going to buy a seperate set of glass fermenters and racking equipment so that nothing will possibly contaminate my regular brewing and turn everything into vinegar! :D

Lot's of it! :drunk: (there isn't a stuffed full smiley! :D)

Plus, if it's any good, I can give it away to my non beer drinking friends and relatives.

Brewsmith said:
Lot's of it! :drunk: (there isn't a stuffed full smiley! :D)

Plus, if it's any good, I can give it away to my non beer drinking friends and relatives.

Hehe, it is less painful than giving away homebrew I am sure! Lol. (jk, I actually like sharing homebrews with friends and family). Let me know how it turns out. I will probably put this on the ole' list of stuff to make.

Back