Push to connect fitting

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WIPbrewery

Reaction score
Has anyone used "push to connect" fittings to do their sight glass? Just wondering if they will hold up to the repeated removal of the sight glass when cleaning the keggle.

for reference: www.mcmaster.com

part #: 5483K41

yea, there is always a plan B, i had the push connect fittings on hand and comp fittings, just no silicone o-ring atm.

most of the push to connects wont take much heat... i believe Legris and Norgren have ss push to connect fittings with fkm seals.

I have these but not the ones you linked to. I have part # 5523K24.

i use them with Santoprene tubing which they aren't actually rated for, but work great with. They're for connecting hose to and from recirc pumps. Can't comment on your usage, but I can tell you that these things absolutely rock. As you can see, the FDA rated nickel plated brass can withstand boiling temps.

They do actually make stainless ones, but YOWZAA!! Unbelievable prices $$$$$.

It looks like a NPT to shark bite fitting. I tried them on my brewery and they were a pain in the butt. It gets pretty warm where I used them and they failed after a couple brews. I now use triclovers with silicone gaskets but in the case of a sight tube I would use a threaded fitting.

Back