Trying to name our cat.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chefchris

Reaction score
Got a new kitten yesterday. Got the ok to try and come up with a name for it, as my creative mind drains her patience wears thin. She says the cat must be named by bedtime.

So, any beer related cat names you can think of? I don't want something like barley or vorlauf. I was trying to browse through some hop names. I liked Fuggles or Simcoe. But I don't love them. The cat is black so I went through a list of stouts and porters, nothing really came of that.

So ... any suggestions?

Quick, before it's bedtime!

What about just Porter? I think that's cute :)

Also:

Dex (for dextrin)
Sam (for Sam Adams)

alright well if you don't like firkin then how about one of these (though Firkin would be firkin cool):

alu (Anglian for ale)
ealu (West Saxon for ale)
cervisia (latin for ale)
cuirm (old Irish for ale)

You may not be in love with it, but I would name a cat fuggles long before I named it east kent goldings :) Not only that, you get a cool story to tell every time someone asks about your cats name!

Skid Mark? J/K

How bout Willam (short for Willamette hops)
Weizen
Bock
I like Porter

If not beer related I vote for either Inya, Onya, or Stains (just imagine calling them to those names :D)

I like Fuggles, that strikes me as a good name for a cat.

Of course, I named our cat Taco, so I may or may not be the best person to listen to.

I like Fuggles and Porter. Bock seems like too many people would think it was Bach, so that'd be out for me.

I am thinking Fuggles would be a good name. I had a friend whose cat was named "Putz". Don't know why, but it has always humored me when I think about that cat.

Another vote for Fuggles.

My friend's cat's name was SoB. His dad set the table went to gather the family and when he came back the as-yet-unnamed cat was eating the pizza. So he called it a name and pushed it off the table. The name stuck but SoBers never did learn not to get on the table...

Both my dogs have human names. jack and Lizzie.
Name your cat Jeff. I think that would be funny.
There also a cominc strip I used to read "Tiger" I think. The little boy has a Spotted dog that named Stripe.

Back