Hello from Portland and IPA recipe recommendations [wanted]

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2bluewagons

Reaction score
Hi there from Portland OR. Joined a while ago to cruise forums for answers to some beginner brewer concerns, and now ramping up to get more serious. I still depend on a local brew buddy and my brother out of state for use of their brew equipment, but I'm moving toward my own setup.

Just had pretty good first taste of a Porter we made from a recipe from LHBS (FH Steinbart), and while we enjoy most styles of barley pop, buddy and I want to try something that we both normally lean towards at the taps, a NW-style IPA. Can anyone help sift through the recipe database (or elsewhere) to point out a favorite IPA recipe (extract) for a couple of hopheads?

Cheers and looking forward to good times here at HBT.

You could try Yoops DFH 60 min clone I hear it's good. I just made the Bell's Two Hearted clone and while it isn't done aging yet it tasted pretty damn good going into the keg. Welcome by the way.

Back