Names of some horrible movies needed

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Someone recently recommended Faith Like Potatoes. It was so bad I wanted to slit my wrists.
Trouble is I can't remember who recommended it. I have vowed to find out so I can take revenge. From now on Im keeping a list of who recommended which movie - just in case.

Curse of the Ninja

the original of course, if you can find it. it has an old, fat japanese woman topless for a scene. The voice overs are so terrible.

Zero Hour (1957)

This isn't really that bad however, "Airplane!" is a direct parody of this flick. Right down to Lt Ted Striker as an ex-fighter pilot who lost his squadron.

If you are a fan of "Airplane!" this is a must see. It is a drama but you will be laughing your ass off.

Why yes ... yes it is Arch Hall, Jr. I made that graphic the other morning. Gonna get it printed on a shirt.

Watch out for snakes!

That being said, here are my two suggestions. First, I'm shocked nobody has yet to mention Gymkata. Any movie featuring [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gTkUcXGF_Q"]a conveniently-placed pommel horse in an Eastern European town square[/ame] is worth watching. The second is much harder to track down (it was made for TV) but Atomic Twister is unintentional comedy gold. It features Zack Morris as the town-saving cop and has a cameo from Carl Lewis (wanna bet whether he was able to outrun a tornado?).

I didn't read all the thread thanks to the secret work site erroring out, but if you want a really BAD movie, you can't get much worse than TIME BANDITS.

It's got Time Traveling dataz722s for Christ sakes!!!!!

(that's midgets for those of you who haven't met data)

The Army of Darkness got me thinking about Bruce Campbell and probably the worst movie he's ever made... Bubba-Hotep, where Elvis leaves the old folks home to slay a vampire/mummy/demon guy. Not sure if it was meant to be bad and funny, or deep and introspective, but it came across as depressing. I guess I can't really recommend it for this list, as the intent is entertaining bad movies. Just thought I'd toss it out there.

For an entertaining bad movie, how about Dark City? Not particularly well acted and full of plot holes, but still a good watch IMHO.

Terje

First, I'm shocked nobody has yet to mention Gymkata.

Thank you for mentioning that one. I haven't seen that movie in YEARS. Definitely one of the greats in terms of bad cinema. For some reason that one reminds me of several others...

Remo Williams: The Adventure Begins
Incubus (the 1965 one with Shatner)
Gleaming the Cube
Prayer of the Rollerboys
Over the Top
Only the Strong

Night of the Lepus is awesomely bad.

winnar.bmp

Plan 9 From Outer Space, Amazon Women On The Moon, Attack of the Killer Tomatoes, Killer Clowns From Outer Space, The Survivalist, Rock & Rule, The Land That Time Forgot, Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things, Deathlands, Star Trek 5, Swamp Thing, Omega Man, Barbarella, etc...

Midnight madness! You can watch that in its entirety on youtube if you wish; its a great horrible movie.
It is the answer to the question: What if the casts of 'Animal House' and "Revenge of the Nerds' got together to make a totally unholy bomb of a movie? Midnight madness the answer.

The movie CAVEMAN with Ringo Star also comes to mind as an abyssmal but watchable movie.

RAD, Gleaming the Cube, North Shore, Back to the Beach, Breakin' 2: Electric Boogaloo, Beat Street.

The list goes on....

Back