If you could share a pint with anyone, who would it be?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

When I was a little kid my Mom would walk me down to the corner pub to pick up sandwiches and my Dad. I heard this song and the next time I was at the doctor office I started singing this and embarrassed the sh*t out of her. She said the more she tried to shoosh me, the louder I sang. That would have been around 1970. Dad died when I was 6 shortly thereafter. THANK YOU for the memory !! I hadn't thought of that in years.

Turned out to be a bit more thought provoking that I thought at first.

I have no real family to speak of (of any consequence anyway) that I have not already shared a beer with and still can.

As far as having a pint with a particular person, I would want to be able to have a decent conversation for an hour or so with just about anyone as long as the conversation was of some sort of value - even if it is only a slightly different take on something or a new perspective.

With that, I would want to share a pint with folks like Stephen King, Hellen Mirren or Wil Wheaton. (not the standards for sure, but probably very engaging)

As much as they have all had interesting life journeys, Will Wheaton seems to have had a crazy run and hearing his story would be fascinating. I had no idea how quick-witted he was until I saw him on Whose Line. He was simply fantastic there. I just get a feeling that I would be able to end the evening and think "that was pretty awesome"

Ozzy osbourne would have been a trip or stevie ray vaughan, i dont wannna drink with my family dead or alive cause they will start sh$t esp my dead dad” your drinking too much blah blah blah”

Last edited:
Jesus Christ (no, that's not my answer to the original question - or, wait, maybe...?), I just opened this thread for the first time and I could barely make it through the first page without welling up! I better have a beer with my baby girl soon so she won't ever have to post my name here (she's eleven months old, so that's about drinking age here in Bavaria).

There, I made a joke about it, that took off some of the existential angst.

Back