BIAB in Germany

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi there, anybody around in Germany doing BIAB? I know that the german sites mostly ignore BIAB :-/ but hey there must be somebody around, right? Don't let me die lonley drinking my Old Spreckled Hen Clone! Attached an ugly pic of my simple equipment.
Hope to hear from a soul soon!

image-1378244112.jpg

Welllllll im not ignoring biab. Just moved to germany from the states. been here 3 weeks so no time to even think of getting brewing equipment. where abouts are you? Im in Giessen for now. will remain in this general area. looking for other homebrewers near here.

Hi guys,

I just saw this thread.
I BIAB! ;)

I now live near Stuttgart (Kirchheim unter Teck) and I have resumed my homebrewing that I started doing in the US (lived there 17 years).

My brewing setup is severely downscaled compared to my garage bay mini brewery but, somehow, this is still very enjoyable to me.

I use 2 28 liter Einkochautomat (one for mashing and the other as HLT/Sparge hybrid).
I have a dual phase temperature controller as I don't trust the analog thermostat on the pots.

I've already brewed an Oatmeal Stout, A IPA, American Brown Ale and I'm about to dive into the Berliner Weisse world again (I love sour beers) and brew my A IPA again since my German colleagues drank it all super-enthusiastically! ;)

I have 3 30 liter fermenters that I hope will be busy until the summer comes (>15C) and then I'll stop for a while...

Nice to see you here.
Hopefully we'll find more fellow Brewers here soon!

Cheers,
Andreas

i

Nice to see you here.
Hopefully we'll find more fellow Brewers here soon!

Cheers,
Andreas

Hey Andreas, I have been brewing for about 5 years, 3 of them here in Germany. I live in Weil im Schonbuch and currently have a java stout in secondary and a few bottles of oatmeal stout left from an earlier batch. I only have experience with extract brewing, and a big downside is getting the ingredients here... I have to ship from the states. But the beer turns out great! ! !

Doug

a big downside is getting the ingredients here... I have to ship from the states. But the beer turns out great! ! !

Doug

I use ingredients from here <http://www.ludwigs-sudhaus.de/> I have no issues ordering from here just send an email. He has LME and DME and if I buy the 25KG grain and in the long run save alot more.

the only thing I get shipped from the states is bulk hops that I cant get here. ie. Citra, Mosiac

Hey guys, thanks for all the kind words.

Btw, I get most of my stuff from another American guy (Daniel Laizure).
His website is this: http://amihopfen.com/

He's highly recommended by me and the 2012 Hop harvest is in so give him a shout if you need anything.
Cheers.

I'm in the Ulm area, only brewing extract, but I plan on doing my step to AG with a BIAB setup, it just sounds less complicated than the mash/lauter process that most German home brewers use.

Recently moved to Dresden from the US, can't wait to start brewing via BIAB. I've purchased all the basics except a bag! Wondering if anyone has found bags in local stores or online? Everything I've been able to find will cost around $40 or more, hoping to find something a little less expensive, otherwise I'll probably just head to the fabric store and fabricate something myself. Would appreciate any tips!

Cheers:mug:

Latest posts

Back