Backbreaking at times

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FullDraw

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I am never really unhappy about the labor I put into the love of brewing.

Last night was a simple clean the keg, transfer the beer, harvest the yeast, clean the carboy, hoses, every other blessed thing that I used or touched. Today was label everything that needed it.

It is work, but mmm, I love it. And I'm looking forward to more.

Yeah, sometimes the work can get to you but it's all worth it once your glass is filled with yummy beer. The only thing that erks me a little are the friends that are never around for all the work and think that beer just magically flows from the kegerater.

I actually don't mind all the work and cleaning-in fact I find it quite relaxing. I turn on the radio or TV, pour a beer, and work at my own pace.

I'm lucky enough to have all my brewing stuff in the basement, which includes a commercial SS 3 bay sink. It has a spray arm and I also attached a garden hose to the faucet too. It makes cleaning a lot easier.

Yeah, sometimes the work can get to you but it's all worth it once your glass is filled with yummy beer. The only thing that erks me a little are the friends that are never around for all the work and think that beer just magically flows from the kegerater.

I guess that's one good thing about bottling: you can always leave a bunch down in the cellar, out of the fridge!

Of course, I kind of dislike all the labor involved with bottling. Really can't wait until I have enough money to start kegging.

I actually don't mind all the work and cleaning-in fact I find it quite relaxing. I turn on the radio or TV, pour a beer, and work at my own pace.

I'm lucky enough to have all my brewing stuff in the basement, which includes a commercial SS 3 bay sink. It has a spray arm and I also attached a garden hose to the faucet too. It makes cleaning a lot easier.

Wow some day I hope to have the same. I keep building all these rad brew tools and really all I want is a SS commercial sink. :( Some day...

Until then I'll fill the void with enormous kettles and temperature control projects :mug:

Wow some day I hope to have the same. I keep building all these rad brew tools and really all I want is a SS commercial sink. :( Some day...

Until then I'll fill the void with enormous kettles and temperature control projects :mug:

Thanks. I really just lucked into it. My dad's friend had to demo rights to a local mall. My dad told me about it, and gave me the guys phone number-figuring I could probably salvage SOMETHING out of the ordeal. I got the last sink that he didn't CUT UP with a recip saw...yeah...he was cutting them up for scrap SS. Otherwise I would have bought them all and resold them.

I paid $100 for it, and spent about 2 hours power washing/de-greasing/scrubbing/etc it. Well worth the money and effort. We plan on selling the house in a year, and I've already told the wife that the sink will not stay with the house!

Keep an eye out on restaurant equipment auctions in & around your area. Around here the usually go for about $300-400, but still a good investment, IMO.

Thanks. I really just lucked into it. My dad's friend had to demo rights to a local mall. My dad told me about it, and gave me the guys phone number-figuring I could probably salvage SOMETHING out of the ordeal. I got the last sink that he didn't CUT UP with a recip saw...yeah...he was cutting them up for scrap SS. Otherwise I would have bought them all and resold them.

I paid $100 for it, and spent about 2 hours power washing/de-greasing/scrubbing/etc it. Well worth the money and effort. We plan on selling the house in a year, and I've already told the wife that the sink will not stay with the house!

Keep an eye out on restaurant equipment auctions in & around your area. Around here the usually go for about $300-400, but still a good investment, IMO.

My big hang up is the space I brew in, a rental house. I've got to build things I can take with me, which I'm going to be doing in about a month. It's just not a great idea to put in too much plumbing into a place like that. Some day I'll make that happen but it won't be for a WHILE I think.

Back