What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Only good thing i've had so far was some 30 year old scotch and I don't like scotch but it was very nice!
Now this, young but tasty, stone fruit, tart.
This was a small batch and I started a 5 gallon batch after I tasted at bottling, hope it comes out as well, going to be fun seeing how this develops.

IMG_5278.jpg

Only good thing i've had so far was some 30 year old scotch and I don't like scotch but it was very nice!
Now this, young but tasty, stone fruit, tart.
This was a small batch and I started a 5 gallon batch after I tasted at bottling, hope it comes out as well, going to be fun seeing how this develops.

I assume you have no "funk" flavors yet? Bottled a month ago or brewed?

No funk at all brewed 7/26 , bottled 10/16.
What can I expect?

for me, Brett sets in solid around 8 months. Maybe around April you will taste the farmyard, leathery, hoarse blanket, funk that Brett can add. If you have never had a Brett beer then the flavor is next to impossible to describe, but it IS good.

View attachment 238597

It's got a funk that I appriciate but didn't expect. Swmbo demanded that this be the next beer we try. She might have a mild simco addiction.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Interesting.... SWMBO in my house is a hop head too but she tried this one last week and didn't even finish it. Said it had an aroma of cat urine. I use Simcoe in my IPA's but always with other hops.

for me, Brett sets in solid around 8 months. Maybe around April you will taste the farmyard, leathery, hoarse blanket, funk that Brett can add. If you have never had a Brett beer then the flavor is next to impossible to describe, but it IS good.

No, I've had it but knew 100% would produce fruity esters, thought they would hang around longer, will they start blending with the farm yard or will it come on strong?
This is very nice where it is and I know it's going to change.

Interesting.... SWMBO in my house is a hop head too but she tried this one last week and didn't even finish it. Said it had an aroma of cat urine. I use Simcoe in my IPA's but always with other hops.

I honestly like it more than I thought I would. Looking at her pace... I might get half of hers as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Great brew! Exactly what it says... Imperial Biscotti break with sour cherries.

That was delicious when I had mine!

The issue with this one is it's a nice change of pace, but I can't do more than 2 glasses in a row. I only made 2.5 gal, just seems to never end. Which is why I've switched to my cascade pale.
View attachment 238596

This is one of those times where I wish I had a 6+ tap kegerator. At least you could enjoy a beer over a long amount of time versus finishing a keg to finally get a new one on tap.

BBobbbayyyy.

Sorry for the lack of a pic but I am pretty sure you all know what all of my glasses look like and have seen FBS. My phone is on the charger in the bedroom. Having a snack of Turkey and green bean casserole and going to bed. I need to be at work in a lot less hours than I wish it were.

Latest posts

Back