What came in the mail for you today?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Trade with @CTownBrewer !!
IMG_4888.jpg

1lb of dried hibiscus flowers to try adding to brews and a food saver so I can store hops (and countless other things) properly.

You’re gonna love the food saver. I use it for nearly everything. I especially like it for leftover BBQ. Seal it, freeze it, days/weeks later boil water and throw it in, and it comes out like the day you smoked it. Moist and tender. Plus it opens the door to Sous Vide.

It was supposed to be 3 airlocks and 3 No 6.5 stoppers. I didn't really need the air locks, I ordered them just for the stoppers. The package says No 6.5, but the stoppers say No 7. (I had #7 stoppers already, they are a little too big to fit a growler or a Carlo Rossi bottle)
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IGXQ5I4/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20 Maybe I learned a lesson about ordering brewing stuff from Amazon. Maybe...

Last edited by a moderator:
You’re gonna love the food saver. I use it for nearly everything. I especially like it for leftover BBQ. Seal it, freeze it, days/weeks later boil water and throw it in, and it comes out like the day you smoked it. Moist and tender. Plus it opens the door to Sous Vide.

What food saver do you use?

3 lbs of hops which one bag was punctured and lost it’s vacuum. I suppose it’s still good?

It was supposed to be 3 airlocks and 3 No 6.5 stoppers. I didn't really need the air locks, I ordered them just for the stoppers. The package says No 6.5, but the stoppers say No 7. (I had #7 stoppers already, they are a little too big to fit a growler or a Carlo Rossi bottle)
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IGXQ5I4/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20 Maybe I learned a lesson about ordering brewing stuff from Amazon. Maybe...

After badmouthing these, I need to post a followup. The stoppers really are No 6.5, the "7" is a recycle code (which is weird because they are not recyclable, that's what 7 means) What I needed and didn't know it was No 6, or maybe even a half size smaller if there is such a thing. I found that out at the LHBS, where I should have gone in the first place, except the one that sells stoppers is 15 miles away.

Last edited by a moderator:
I half regret not going for the Spike over the SSBT, that thing is a work of beauty [emoji102][emoji102]

Thanks, man! I definitely splurged a bit going full custom and all that, but I don’t think I’ll have to think about vessels again for a very long time! Now on to wiring the control panel

Cereal Killer Grain Mill
55 lbs. Great Western Malt American 2 Row

Saturday I received A 3 piece ball valve and a pick up tube but they sent the wrong pick up tube!! I was waiting all day for this to arrive before my brew day...arrrrrrrrgggggghhhhhh!

I wanted a side tube for whirlpool but got the bottom tube. Oh well, mistakes happen.

An empty package.

I couldn't find a lock nut the right size locally (converting a found gatorade cooler into an HLT), so got one on amazon.

Just got a padded envelope delivered by UPS. Empty.

Short answer: My new Grainfather with distilling top!

Longer answer... after spending 25 years building and accumulating, I decided to downsize with this current relocation to Richmond, VA. There wasn't really any room for the 15 gallon electric system and the associated hardware (cleaning station, fermenters, etc.). So I sold it all to my friends in the local homebrew club in Allentown and managed to get enough money from the sale for the Grainfather. :)

So now I have the perfect item to store compactly and then plug in to brew on my screened in porch while overlooking Swift Creek Reservoir. Life is good!

Rick Theiner
LOGIC, Inc.

Latest posts

Back