Its all at the bottom!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jfrans84

Reaction score
Ok, I'm trying several experiments all at once just to see what things taste like. My problem with this one is my honey sank to the bottom. I put half a gallon of AJ concentrate with 1 lb of honey on the stove a warmed it just enough to dissolve the honey. I let it come to room temp and pitched my yeast. I woke up this morning. All the honey is at the bottom. I put a flashlight behind it so you can see it easier. What should I do? It is bubbling slowly so I'm apprehensive about shaking it up? I don't know?? Help

image-3395858762.jpg

How long has it been fermenting? I assume by "woke up this morning" that you might have pitched it yesterday?

If you pitched it yesterday...my suggestion would be shake it up. The sooner the better. If you wait to long into fermentation, you will oxidize it. It might just sink back to the bottom regardless, but at least you can try now. You won't be able to once fermentation is almost complete.

As long as it is out gassing oxidization is not a risk go a head and mix it up.

Ok I'll do that when I get home. By the time I get home it would have been fermenting for less then 24hours

Back