lager ready for diacetly rest? I think

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flyboys3

Reaction score
I know this has been covered alot,and I hate to ask butt...
I brewed on march 1st so it has had 10 days in the primary. the o.g was 1.042 and the f.g is supposed to be 1.010 and I just took a reading and it is @ 1.012.

I have a white fermenter bucket so I can't see inside when the lid is closed so i could not see the krausen (if there was any) but when I opened the primary I see no krausen at all.

When you say it has fallen will you see hardly any evidence that it was ever there in the first place? Is it time for the rest or did I completely blow it?

I tasted it, not that bad as of right now(this cant be the same stuff that I smelled earlier)

after I brought it upstairs the airlock came back to life???If I do the rest then for how long 24-48-72 hours? everyone has different ideas as for the length so do I do it just long enough to hit f.g. and then rack to secondary?

Is it possible to blow past f.g?

It is an american style lager and I used a wyeast 2035 propegator pack and mixed it as per the package (2 qt starter).

I have my small chest freezer modified with a temp control so i think I am ready for the step down of the temp. and the long lagering. What am i missing???

sorry for all the questions, I just want to get it right
Flyboys3

That seems pretty quick for a lager, most of mine have taken a few weeks to ferment out, but I've never used that yeast. But yes, if the krausen has fallen, you may not see much in the way of remnants of it. Generally, I do a diacetyl rest overnight (or up to 48 hours) at room temp when I'm 2/3 - 3/4 of the way to my target FG.

Back