Gamma Lid

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewerDon

Reaction score
I am interested in getting some Gamma Lids to use with 5 gallon buckets for grain storage.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B001VBALBK

I also wouldn't mind getting one to replace the lid on my 6.5 gallon Ale Pail because my current lid is such a pain to remove. The ad says that these lids are for 5 and 6 gallon buckets. Does anyone know if they fit 6.5 gallon Ale Pails?

You probably don't want one of these lids on a fermenter. The way they attach to the bucket leaves a channel (for lack of a better word) around the bucket below the lid. I'd be very concerned about getting that adequately cleaned.

But they're great for grain storage!

You probably don't want one of these lids on a fermenter. The way they attach to the bucket leaves a channel (for lack of a better word) around the bucket below the lid. I'd be very concerned about getting that adequately cleaned.

Oh, well that's good information. I guess I'll just get some for grain storage. Thanks!

BTW, I did see them at Home Depot today and though I do not recall exactly, they were less than $10 each.

Back