Good beer glasses?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just about anywhere honestly. My local target carries a nice set of various styled beer glasses for around $30. Standard pint glasses can be found at Walrmart, Target, KMART, etc...

Stores like "Kitchen and Company" usually have alot of cheap glassware. I purchased alot of pint glasses from there cheap....

eh.... just do like I do and take a beer from the bar "to go"

I keeed I keeeed...... maybe :D

But are you looking for just pint glasses or specialty glasses?

I found some on Linens and Things website for really cheap. I also found some at Cash and Carry which is a restaurant supply store.

I read about these on a blog. I wonder how much of a difference they make. I've also been trying to get my hands on one of those Sam Adams glasses but haven't found one locally.

I got some from Meijers for christmas. Had three styles in a 16 pack I think. Anyway, I found one last night with an uneven bottom. I might have to take it out and flatten it on a piece of sandpaper and then polish it up a bit on finer grits. But the glasses were a bit inexpensive, and I got a bunch of them, so I might just shove that one way in the back of the cupboard.

Where can I get some good cheap beer glasses?

Here is what I use:

- cheap glass beer mug and straight-sided pint glasses from IKEA
- affordable Pilsner glasses from Target (this is what I use for most of my beers)
- Chimay glass from Chimay christmas gift set
- New Belgium glass from brewery tour (got it for free when I showed my AHA membership card)

I want to get

- Koelsch glasses (anyone know where to get those?)
- English pint glasses

In general, those holiday gift sets are a great source of glasses, since they (the gift sets) cost about as much as the beer would cost by itself, so the glass is essentially free. Several speciality beer and wine stores still have them in stock - I saw Duvel and Chimay just a couple of days ago.

On the Beeradvocate web site store, they have a glass set that looks quite nice, but I haven't ordered from them yet. It's six glasses (all different styles) for something like $38.

I picked up the Sam Adam's sensory pint glass on ebay for $5 shipped not too long ago. It does concentrate the nose of beer quite well compared to other glasses, but to be honest the Duvel tulip is still superior. Not only does the Duvel have better aroma control, but I think it looks better. I got the Duvel for $6 from a local beer store.

Check out resale shops like goodwill or salvation army. I just got 2 WidmerBro's hefeweizen glasses. 99c each. I got a pilsner glass a while ago too. Most of their glasses are 99 or 1.99

Also a few of the pubs in my area have one night a week where they feature a brewery, and if you buy a glass of their stuff, you keep the glass. It's normally a logoed glass. I have a bunch of Murphy's and guiness, plus a few belhaven, and a pair of sweet etched Youngs Double chocolate glasses. I used to have a pair of thick hoegaarden glasses, but lost them in a move. I know flying saucer does it, if you have one of those around.

Other than that, I just pick them up as souvenirs if I visit someplace. Austin Homebrew sells logo glasses for like 2.99, so I picked up one of those just for the hell of it.

I also used to drink out of mason jars, though that was more for the quantity of the glass over the quality.

Check out resale shops like goodwill or salvation army. I just got 2 WidmerBro's hefeweizen glasses. 99c each. I got a pilsner glass a while ago too. Most of their glasses are 99 or 1.99

Sweet! That's one avenue that never crossed my mind.

Yea, it's hit or miss. It helps that there are a couple close to me and I will just go in if I am passing by and have a few minutes to spare.

Back