Soda Kegging

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Homercidal

Licensed Sensual Massage Therapist.
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I finally got my basic Keg system set up. I'm still looking to get the shanks for the fridge door, but for now i have a picnic tap hooked up and my daughter and I made some "Cream Soda" from a kit.

Well, I hooked it up to 30 lbs pressure to carb for a couple of days and lo and behold, when I poured a glass... FOAM! Of course I was not amused. I then remembered that I was supposed to drop pressure down, so I took it down to 5 lbs and it was still kind of foamy.

What do I need to do? I'd like to get better at this before I put the good stuff in there!

I have the same problem with my soda and apfelwein, they foam pretty good. I'm only using about 10ft of 3/16" line though, and it blasts out pretty good. Longer line is about the only thing you can do to improve the problem. You want to get the line long enough that you get a slow pour, otherwise it's going to foam no matter what you do.

I have root beer on tap right now. I set the co2 to 30 psi and let it set for a few days and serve it at 30 psi. I have 24 feet of beverage line attached. The first pour is somewhat foamy from the soda setting in the lines and warming up but after that no problems at all.

Good luck

did you purge the keg pressure to 5psi also, or did you just dial down the regulator and then try to dispense?

Back